Disk Defragmenter Module Failure?

I just got a message titled: Disk Defragmenter Module has
encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
for the inconvinience. When I later checked my Event Log
it appears that it was an application error dealing with
the source: DEFRAG.EXE What does this mean and how can I
fix it?

Thank you for your assistance,
Binya.
1 answer Last reply
More about disk defragmenter module failure

    When you attempt to defragment your hard drive, does this error continue
    to occur? This could have been a one time error that something happened
    that Windows didn't like. It can be picky at times :)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Binya Brown wrote:
    > I just got a message titled: Disk Defragmenter Module has
    > encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
    > for the inconvinience. When I later checked my Event Log
    > it appears that it was an application error dealing with
    > the source: DEFRAG.EXE What does this mean and how can I
    > fix it?
    >
    > Thank you for your assistance,
    > Binya.

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP