How many levels are there in Halo 2?

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

So far, I've just left the space station, which means, that I am now
on the 4th level "Outskirts".

I think, that the level on the space station is very good, and also
quite long. The graphics is also very good, so how much do we actually
have 'space' for on this 4.7 GB DVD-ROM? -Could there be 10 more of
such levels, or maybe some of the next levels are shorter. The same as
the two first levels, where we saw basically just an introduction and
the arrival of Master Chief on the space station.

How many levels are there in Halo 2?

Is this a secret, or are we allowed to know?

A very good game, I think. Also much better than halo 1 in graphics
and design. That's how it looks to me so far.

PC
6 answers Last reply
More about levels halo
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    "PC" <peterchristensen@lycos.com> wrote in message
    > I think, that the level on the space station is very good, and also
    > quite long. The graphics is also very good, so how much do we actually
    > have 'space' for on this 4.7 GB DVD-ROM? -Could there be 10 more of
    > such levels, or maybe some of the next levels are shorter.

    The other thing you'll begin to notice is that a lot of the levels flow
    together in such a fashion that it's difficult at first to determine the
    start of a new level. Would have been nice if the status screen (with the
    checkpoints) indicated the level.

    Some of the levels are longer or shorter depending on how you go through
    them. There are 15 in all. I was pretty shocked the first time we played
    through in that we set down the controller and were on level 8 already.

    -Jeff
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    The whole game is very good in my opinion. All of the levels are about as
    long as Cairo Station. There are 15 levels, counting The Heretic and Armory
    at the beginning. Just so you know, there's a really big surprise at the
    sixth level. I won't give it away...

    On 12/6/04 11:40 AM, in article
    8f944897.0412060940.e4e732f@posting.google.com, "PC"
    <peterchristensen@lycos.com> wrote:

    > So far, I've just left the space station, which means, that I am now
    > on the 4th level "Outskirts".
    >
    > I think, that the level on the space station is very good, and also
    > quite long. The graphics is also very good, so how much do we actually
    > have 'space' for on this 4.7 GB DVD-ROM? -Could there be 10 more of
    > such levels, or maybe some of the next levels are shorter. The same as
    > the two first levels, where we saw basically just an introduction and
    > the arrival of Master Chief on the space station.
    >
    > How many levels are there in Halo 2?
    >
    > Is this a secret, or are we allowed to know?
    >
    > A very good game, I think. Also much better than halo 1 in graphics
    > and design. That's how it looks to me so far.
    >
    > PC
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    "Devala Rees" <darkeagle@lisco.com> wrote in message
    > The whole game is very good in my opinion. All of the levels are about as
    > long as Cairo Station. There are 15 levels, counting The Heretic and
    Armory
    > at the beginning. Just so you know, there's a really big surprise at the
    > sixth level. I won't give it away...

    Is it me or are the arbiter levels a lot harder than the previous ones?
    Kept dying until I learned to just hide.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    The Arbiter levels are fairly difficult to do if you just use a head-on
    assault strategy. Stealth becomes more necessary in those levels.

    On 12/6/04 12:42 PM, in article
    IK1td.39241$6q2.27776@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com, "Jiyang Chen" <no@no.no>
    wrote:

    > "Devala Rees" <darkeagle@lisco.com> wrote in message
    >> The whole game is very good in my opinion. All of the levels are about as
    >> long as Cairo Station. There are 15 levels, counting The Heretic and
    > Armory
    >> at the beginning. Just so you know, there's a really big surprise at the
    >> sixth level. I won't give it away...
    >

    > Is it me or are the arbiter levels a lot harder than the previous ones?
    > Kept dying until I learned to just hide.

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    "PC" <peterchristensen@lycos.com> wrote in message
    > So far, I've just left the space station, which means, that I am now
    > on the 4th level "Outskirts".
    >
    > I think, that the level on the space station is very good, and also
    > quite long. The graphics is also very good, so how much do we actually
    > have 'space' for on this 4.7 GB DVD-ROM?

    The normal DVD (DVD-5) can hold 4.7 GD. Halo 2 is pressed on a DVD-9 which
    can hold 7.95 GB. I think the actual content is around 6 GB though.

    Al
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    In article <8f944897.0412060940.e4e732f@posting.google.com>,
    peterchristensen@lycos.com says...
    > So far, I've just left the space station, which means, that I am now
    > on the 4th level "Outskirts".
    >
    > I think, that the level on the space station is very good, and also
    > quite long. The graphics is also very good, so how much do we actually
    > have 'space' for on this 4.7 GB DVD-ROM? -Could there be 10 more of
    > such levels, or maybe some of the next levels are shorter. The same as
    > the two first levels, where we saw basically just an introduction and
    > the arrival of Master Chief on the space station.
    >
    > How many levels are there in Halo 2?
    >
    > Is this a secret, or are we allowed to know?
    >
    > A very good game, I think. Also much better than halo 1 in graphics
    > and design. That's how it looks to me so far.
    >
    > PC

    way too few.

Video Games