Unable to connect to my wireless router

Hi, can any one help me out? I just got a wireless linksys network adaptor
with sped booster for my laptop that runs xp pro with sp2 that just would not
connect to my wireless linksys router with speed booster. Despite all I have
tried, it says it cant associate with access point. The guys at linksys cant
seem to help. Repairing the connection also fails. The WEP encription and
configurations are all correct. When I click connect, it starts connecting,
then disconnects after detecting the router. Signal strenght is full also. I
have tried using netfix but says it cant connect to my wireless router.

--
Hifo
7 answers Last reply

    OK, lets do this one step at a time.

    Disable WEP on the router and adapter, as well as any other security you
    have
    Disable Speedboost on the adapter and router.

    Do you connect now?

    "Harold" <haroldog0lo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, can any one help me out? I just got a wireless linksys network adaptor
    > with sped booster for my laptop that runs xp pro with sp2 that just would
    > not
    > connect to my wireless linksys router with speed booster. Despite all I
    > have
    > tried, it says it cant associate with access point. The guys at linksys
    > cant
    > seem to help. Repairing the connection also fails. The WEP encription and
    > configurations are all correct. When I click connect, it starts
    > connecting,
    > then disconnects after detecting the router. Signal strenght is full also.
    > have tried using netfix but says it cant connect to my wireless router.
    >
    > --
    > Hifo

    Thanks for your help, but have done all that and it still says unable to
    connect. It simply says no association with access point

    "Robert Jacobs" wrote:

    > OK, lets do this one step at a time.
    >
    > Disable WEP on the router and adapter, as well as any other security you
    > have
    > Disable Speedboost on the adapter and router.
    >
    > Do you connect now?
    >

    > "Harold" <haroldog0lo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi, can any one help me out? I just got a wireless linksys network adaptor
    > > with sped booster for my laptop that runs xp pro with sp2 that just would
    > > not
    > > connect to my wireless linksys router with speed booster. Despite all I
    > > have
    > > tried, it says it cant associate with access point. The guys at linksys
    > > cant
    > > seem to help. Repairing the connection also fails. The WEP encription and
    > > configurations are all correct. When I click connect, it starts
    > > connecting,
    > > then disconnects after detecting the router. Signal strenght is full also.
    > > have tried using netfix but says it cant connect to my wireless router.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Hifo

    (See post at bottom)

    "Harold" wrote:

    > Hi, can any one help me out? I just got a wireless linksys network adaptor
    > with sped booster for my laptop that runs xp pro with sp2 that just would not
    > connect to my wireless linksys router with speed booster. Despite all I have
    > tried, it says it cant associate with access point. The guys at linksys cant
    > seem to help. Repairing the connection also fails. The WEP encription and
    > configurations are all correct. When I click connect, it starts connecting,
    > then disconnects after detecting the router. Signal strenght is full also. I
    > have tried using netfix but says it cant connect to my wireless router.
    >
    > --
    > Hifop
    Harold, did you try reinstalling the router per the Linksys' original
    install instructions? If you did please disregard, but I've had to do this a
    couple times over the years with my Linksys wireless router--don't now why,
    but that's the only way I've gotten back up and running--I had "excellent
    signal strength" but no internet! Good luck!

    you say you have xp with sp2, did you try turning off windows firewall?
    a lot of times it's because win firewall stops connection, go into
    services and stop it, then try...

    AL

    In article <Op5qQViBFHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>,
    rjacobs0spamfree@pacbell.net says...
    > OK, lets do this one step at a time.
    >
    > Disable WEP on the router and adapter, as well as any other security you
    > have
    > Disable Speedboost on the adapter and router.
    >
    > Do you connect now?
    >

    > "Harold" <haroldog0lo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi, can any one help me out? I just got a wireless linksys network adaptor
    > > with sped booster for my laptop that runs xp pro with sp2 that just would
    > > not
    > > connect to my wireless linksys router with speed booster. Despite all I
    > > have
    > > tried, it says it cant associate with access point. The guys at linksys
    > > cant
    > > seem to help. Repairing the connection also fails. The WEP encription and
    > > configurations are all correct. When I click connect, it starts
    > > connecting,
    > > then disconnects after detecting the router. Signal strenght is full also.
    > > have tried using netfix but says it cant connect to my wireless router.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Hifo

    Yes, I turned it off and also disabled autoprotect on Norton antivirus but it
    still cant connect.

    "FOAD" wrote:

    > you say you have xp with sp2, did you try turning off windows firewall?
    > a lot of times it's because win firewall stops connection, go into
    > services and stop it, then try...
    >
    > AL
    >
    > In article <Op5qQViBFHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>,
    > rjacobs0spamfree@pacbell.net says...
    > > OK, lets do this one step at a time.
    > >
    > > Disable WEP on the router and adapter, as well as any other security you
    > > have
    > > Disable Speedboost on the adapter and router.
    > >
    > > Do you connect now?
    > >

    > > "Harold" <haroldog0lo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi, can any one help me out? I just got a wireless linksys network adaptor
    > > > with sped booster for my laptop that runs xp pro with sp2 that just would
    > > > not
    > > > connect to my wireless linksys router with speed booster. Despite all I
    > > > have
    > > > tried, it says it cant associate with access point. The guys at linksys
    > > > cant
    > > > seem to help. Repairing the connection also fails. The WEP encription and
    > > > configurations are all correct. When I click connect, it starts
    > > > connecting,
    > > > then disconnects after detecting the router. Signal strenght is full also.
    > > > have tried using netfix but says it cant connect to my wireless router.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Hifo

    MPD, I did all that and still no dice.

    "mpd" wrote:

    > (See post at bottom)
    >
    > "Harold" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, can any one help me out? I just got a wireless linksys network adaptor
    > > with sped booster for my laptop that runs xp pro with sp2 that just would not
    > > connect to my wireless linksys router with speed booster. Despite all I have
    > > tried, it says it cant associate with access point. The guys at linksys cant
    > > seem to help. Repairing the connection also fails. The WEP encription and
    > > configurations are all correct. When I click connect, it starts connecting,
    > > then disconnects after detecting the router. Signal strenght is full also. I
    > > have tried using netfix but says it cant connect to my wireless router.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Hifop
    > Harold, did you try reinstalling the router per the Linksys' original
    > install instructions? If you did please disregard, but I've had to do this a
    > couple times over the years with my Linksys wireless router--don't now why,
    > but that's the only way I've gotten back up and running--I had "excellent
    > signal strength" but no internet! Good luck!
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

    Guys, Thanks so much. I eventually got some one at linksys who could isoate
    and solve the problem. He got me to uninstall the WLAN monitor and use
    windows wireless zero to configure the adapter, then change the routers
    channel from the default channel 6 to channel 11. This work immediately.
    Thanks once again.

    "Harold" wrote:

    > MPD, I did all that and still no dice.
    >
    > "mpd" wrote:
    >
    > > (See post at bottom)
    > >
    > > "Harold" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi, can any one help me out? I just got a wireless linksys network adaptor
    > > > with sped booster for my laptop that runs xp pro with sp2 that just would not
    > > > connect to my wireless linksys router with speed booster. Despite all I have
    > > > tried, it says it cant associate with access point. The guys at linksys cant
    > > > seem to help. Repairing the connection also fails. The WEP encription and
    > > > configurations are all correct. When I click connect, it starts connecting,
    > > > then disconnects after detecting the router. Signal strenght is full also. I
    > > > have tried using netfix but says it cant connect to my wireless router.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Hifop
    > > Harold, did you try reinstalling the router per the Linksys' original
    > > install instructions? If you did please disregard, but I've had to do this a
    > > couple times over the years with my Linksys wireless router--don't now why,
    > > but that's the only way I've gotten back up and running--I had "excellent
    > > signal strength" but no internet! Good luck!

Wireless Connection Linksys Wireless Networking