USB Hub prob with P5GDC-V-Deluxe

I just bought a P5GDC-V-Deluxe setup and, so far, I'm very happy with
it.

I'm having one issue that I can't resolve.

I own a new Belkin 7-port USB hub that worked fine in my previous
Gigabyte motherboard setup. However, with this setup it acts up.
Mainly when I boot the system, the ASUS BIOS sits at the "Initializing
USB Drivers" and stays there for 55 seconds. If I remove the hub, it
flies by that. Again, this device worked just fine in my Gigabyte
setup and works fine in my son's Soyo motherboard system.

Any ideas what might be going on here? Belkin sells junk but generally
it works.

Paul

Splendid

In article <18mn715f9sap9uaspl2k87l51lg0t6fate@4ax.com>, Rich Heimlich
<agrajag@comcast.net> wrote:

> I just bought a P5GDC-V-Deluxe setup and, so far, I'm very happy with
> it.
>
> I'm having one issue that I can't resolve.
>
> I own a new Belkin 7-port USB hub that worked fine in my previous
> Gigabyte motherboard setup. However, with this setup it acts up.
> Mainly when I boot the system, the ASUS BIOS sits at the "Initializing
> USB Drivers" and stays there for 55 seconds. If I remove the hub, it
> flies by that. Again, this device worked just fine in my Gigabyte
> setup and works fine in my son's Soyo motherboard system.
>
> Any ideas what might be going on here? Belkin sells junk but generally
> it works.

Maybe it is looking for USB Mass Storage devices on the hub ?

Paul

On Fri, 06 May 2005 17:59:48 -0400, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

>Maybe it is looking for USB Mass Storage devices on the hub ?

Well, I got it to act a bit more acceptable by moving it to the USB
ports that are add-on's from the motherboard (USB 5 or 6).