P5AD2E-premium cpu misreported?

wally

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2001

When I open device manager it shows 2 intel 3.4 ghz processors not just
the one I'm running . Does this have something to do with the
overclocking ability of the board, the hyperthreading of the cpu or
what. Overclocking turned on or off doesn't seem to make a difference
in device manager. Can't find any reference to this at mskb.
P5AD2E-premium board,intel 550 3.4 ghz cpu,windows xp pro,1gb corsair
ram pc-5400

The HyperThreading feature causes the CPU to show as TWO separate
processors.

--
DaveW

"wally" <wallynospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I open device manager it shows 2 intel 3.4 ghz processors not just
> the one I'm running . Does this have something to do with the
> overclocking ability of the board, the hyperthreading of the cpu or
> what. Overclocking turned on or off doesn't seem to make a difference
> in device manager. Can't find any reference to this at mskb.
> P5AD2E-premium board,intel 550 3.4 ghz cpu,windows xp pro,1gb corsair
> ram pc-5400

wally

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2001

Thanks, I was wondering about that, one of those little things that
would of ate away at me =8^)