A8N-E Reboots

Name

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2003

I'm getting spontaneous reboots on this board.

I'm running a Maxtor 20GB with jumpers set to CS on the Primary PATA
controller and a WD 36GB Raptor on the first SATA header. XP SP2 is loaded
on the WD with all the Asus drivers installed and it seems to be running
fine, until I try to copy/move a file from the Maxtor to the WD or
vice-versa. I can get away with small files, but mostly, the just at the
beginnig of the copy/move the OS will hang for a few seconds and then
reboot.
Could this be a buffer problem between controllers or the drives themselves?
Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,
john

Name

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2003

"name" <vze4j6mv@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I'm getting spontaneous reboots on this board.
>
> I'm running a Maxtor 20GB with jumpers set to CS on the Primary PATA
> controller and a WD 36GB Raptor on the first SATA header. XP SP2 is
> loaded on the WD with all the Asus drivers installed and it seems to be
> running fine, until I try to copy/move a file from the Maxtor to the WD or
> vice-versa. I can get away with small files, but mostly, the just at the
> beginnig of the copy/move the OS will hang for a few seconds and then
> reboot.
> Could this be a buffer problem between controllers or the drives
> themselves? Any help would be appreciated.
>

> TIA,
> john

I think I solved the problem, I uninstalled and then let XP reinstall the
drive and it seems to be OK. Go figure?

john