temporary internet file

My temporary internet file just dissappeared off of my computer. I have even
done a search, hidden files included and no results. I thought this was a
system folder and could not been deleted. Does anyone know what could have
happened and how I can get it back. I cannot even export my address book
without it.
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about temporary internet file

    Not sure why you can't export your address book. Try doing this though,
    Open My Computer and paste this in the address bar and make the 1 change
    I will tell you.

    C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings

    Now you need to replace USERNAME with the name for your user. After
    doing that, hit enter and you should see your Temporary Internet Files
    folder. Also, you can check where it is by doing this:

    Start-Control Panel-Internet Properties-Settings under Temporary
    Internet Files

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Temporary Internet Folder wrote:
    > My temporary internet file just dissappeared off of my computer. I have even
    > done a search, hidden files included and no results. I thought this was a
    > system folder and could not been deleted. Does anyone know what could have
    > happened and how I can get it back. I cannot even export my address book
    > without it.
    > Thanks

Microsoft Internet Windows XP