How do I use SPDIF?

G'day all

I just bought the A8V Deluxe and can't figure out how to get the SPDIF to
work. I'm guessing you can't just plug it into a stereo through normal RCA
cables, because I tried that and it didn't work.

Any help is much appreciated
Cheers
B :)

try this
http://www.andrewkilpatrick.org/mind/spdif/
peterk

safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Bailua wrote:
> G'day all
>
> I just bought the A8V Deluxe and can't figure out how to get the SPDIF to
> work. I'm guessing you can't just plug it into a stereo through normal RCA
> cables, because I tried that and it didn't work.
>
> Any help is much appreciated
> Cheers
> B :)

Run the sound setup wizard after you plug it into the stereo..
To return to regular stereo, run the wizard again after connecting..

Bailua schrieb:

> G'day all
>
> I just bought the A8V Deluxe and can't figure out how to get the SPDIF to
> work. I'm guessing you can't just plug it into a stereo through normal RCA
> cables, because I tried that and it didn't work.

I assume there's a coaxial S/PDIF output on the board? That would have
to be connected to the corresponding digital input on the amp via a
good-quality RCA cable (the kind of stuff suited for video should do).

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xP3-500E, 704 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W

TRENDING THREADS