Problems with flashing K8V Deluxe

Hi,

I am experiencing a serious problem after updating my
K8V-Deluxe BIOS from 1009 to 1010. I used Asus Update 6.03.01 but I
turned off the option of clearing CMOS (stupid me). After I refresh
and reboot, the machine cannot start. I then opened up the case, take
out the battery, move the jumper to clear the CMOS. I then reboot and
get an audio message of "system failed because of CPU overclocking."
The problem is the machine then locked up and I have no access to the
keyboard to enter Del or F1 to enter the BIOS setup.

I would appreciate if anyone have a suggestion on how to solve
this problem. Many thanks ahead for all your help.

Raymond
kan2@rogers.com

The CD that shipped with the mobo is bootable and will let you reflash back
to the original BIOS.

FWIW, *NEVER* use ASUSUpdate to flash your BIOS. You should only use
AFUDOS.

Bobby

"Raymond Kan" <kan2@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am experiencing a serious problem after updating my
> K8V-Deluxe BIOS from 1009 to 1010. I used Asus Update 6.03.01 but I
> turned off the option of clearing CMOS (stupid me). After I refresh
> and reboot, the machine cannot start. I then opened up the case, take
> out the battery, move the jumper to clear the CMOS. I then reboot and
> get an audio message of "system failed because of CPU overclocking."
> The problem is the machine then locked up and I have no access to the
> keyboard to enter Del or F1 to enter the BIOS setup.
>
> I would appreciate if anyone have a suggestion on how to solve
> this problem. Many thanks ahead for all your help.
>

> Raymond
> kan2@rogers.com

Hi,

The problem is my screen is black and I cannot even get the
system to go beyond the audio message of "System failed due to CPU
overclocking." Also, my keyboard does not respond at all, so I cannot
even get into the BIOS setup.

Any ideas?

Raymond

On Fri, 6 May 2005 18:16:15 -1000, "NoNoBadDog!"
<mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote:

>The CD that shipped with the mobo is bootable and will let you reflash back
>to the original BIOS.
>
>FWIW, *NEVER* use ASUSUpdate to flash your BIOS. You should only use
>AFUDOS.
>
>Bobby
>
>"Raymond Kan" <kan2@rogers.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am experiencing a serious problem after updating my
>> K8V-Deluxe BIOS from 1009 to 1010. I used Asus Update 6.03.01 but I
>> turned off the option of clearing CMOS (stupid me). After I refresh
>> and reboot, the machine cannot start. I then opened up the case, take
>> out the battery, move the jumper to clear the CMOS. I then reboot and
>> get an audio message of "system failed because of CPU overclocking."
>> The problem is the machine then locked up and I have no access to the
>> keyboard to enter Del or F1 to enter the BIOS setup.
>>
>> I would appreciate if anyone have a suggestion on how to solve
>> this problem. Many thanks ahead for all your help.
>>

>> Raymond
>> kan2@rogers.com

>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
>----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

Paul

Splendid

In article <4veo71tn7duugrpnt1p5g9uv0rsr06gvq8@4ax.com>, Raymond Kan
<kan2@rogers.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am experiencing a serious problem after updating my
> K8V-Deluxe BIOS from 1009 to 1010. I used Asus Update 6.03.01 but I
> turned off the option of clearing CMOS (stupid me). After I refresh
> and reboot, the machine cannot start. I then opened up the case, take
> out the battery, move the jumper to clear the CMOS. I then reboot and
> get an audio message of "system failed because of CPU overclocking."
> The problem is the machine then locked up and I have no access to the
> keyboard to enter Del or F1 to enter the BIOS setup.
>
> I would appreciate if anyone have a suggestion on how to solve
> this problem. Many thanks ahead for all your help.
>

> Raymond
> kan2@rogers.com

Is the BIOS posting ? Does the screen initialize at all ?
Chances are the BIOS is erased and there is nothing to
execute. Perhaps it is time to read section 4.1 of the manual,
and see if EZflash or CrashFree are going to work for you.

If not, $25 and a visit to badflash.com, and all is forgiven.

Paul

"Raymond Kan" <kan2@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am experiencing a serious problem after updating my
> K8V-Deluxe BIOS from 1009 to 1010. I used Asus Update 6.03.01 but I
> turned off the option of clearing CMOS (stupid me). After I refresh
> and reboot, the machine cannot start. I then opened up the case, take
> out the battery, move the jumper to clear the CMOS. I then reboot and
> get an audio message of "system failed because of CPU overclocking."
> The problem is the machine then locked up and I have no access to the
> keyboard to enter Del or F1 to enter the BIOS setup.
>
> I would appreciate if anyone have a suggestion on how to solve
> this problem. Many thanks ahead for all your help.
>

> Raymond
> kan2@rogers.com

Hi Raymond

You could try removing any more than 1 stick of ram.
Only have 1 stick in slot 3 (b3? - I forget) and see if it will post.

Good luck.

Oh, if you put a bios (a8v.bin) on a floppy and hold Alt + f2 at boot
you can sometimes flash it.
Good luck again.
Cheers
Eddy

Hi,

I tried have just one stick, but still get the "System failed
due to CPU overclocking" The system does not post and nothing
appeared on the screen, so pressing Alt-F2 won't get me anything.

I can't believe just one mistake can cause so much headache.

Any idea?

Raymond

> Hi,
>
> I tried have just one stick, but still get the "System failed
> due to CPU overclocking" The system does not post and nothing
> appeared on the screen, so pressing Alt-F2 won't get me anything.
>
> I can't believe just one mistake can cause so much headache.
>
> Any idea?
>

> Raymond

Terrible situation for sure... :(

Try removing the power from the psu by unplugging from the wall.
Remove both power leads from the psu to the motherboard.
Move the jumper to clear the RTC and remove the battery from the board.
Leave it like that for a good 10 mins.
Put one stick of ram in slot B1 (blue).

Try and boot.... fingers crossed!

Good luck with it.