Speakers not be detected

i just got windows Xp and i used the speakers from my old computer and now
are using them for this coomputer. when they are pluged in they are not
dected and i cant seem to find drivers or hardware for them anywhere! please
HELPPP

Do you have the correct drivers for your soundcard or audio onboard
installed? If yes, are they showing as correct in the Device Manager?
www.coribright.com

"NeedSpeakers_towork_nikki"
<NeedSpeakers_towork_nikki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i just got windows Xp and i used the speakers from my old computer and now
> are using them for this coomputer. when they are pluged in they are not
> dected and i cant seem to find drivers or hardware for them anywhere!
> please
> HELPPP

To add more to that, there are two other things you need know. First
off, speakers are not detected or installed on Windows. They do not have
drivers as the sound card controls these at the hardware level (It is
possible for software to detect how many speakers are connected though
depending on the board design). Second thing, try turning on some
music, then plug the jack into every hole in the back of your sound card
and see if sound comes out of any of them. It is sometimes very
difficult to determine which hole to put that jack into.

Also, do double check all the good stuff like power for the speakers,
sound card is seated in the slot properly, etc.

----
Nathan McNulty

Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
> Do you have the correct drivers for your soundcard or audio onboard
> installed? If yes, are they showing as correct in the Device Manager?

Green and black usually do the trick..... !
www.coribright.com

"Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
> To add more to that, there are two other things you need know. First off,
> speakers are not detected or installed on Windows. They do not have
> drivers as the sound card controls these at the hardware level (It is
> possible for software to detect how many speakers are connected though
> depending on the board design). Second thing, try turning on some music,
> then plug the jack into every hole in the back of your sound card and see
> if sound comes out of any of them. It is sometimes very difficult to
> determine which hole to put that jack into.
>
> Also, do double check all the good stuff like power for the speakers,
> sound card is seated in the slot properly, etc.
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>

> Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
>> Do you have the correct drivers for your soundcard or audio onboard
>> installed? If yes, are they showing as correct in the Device Manager?

Hi,

I have the SAME problem....Did you get yours resolved..??

"NeedSpeakers_towork_nikki" wrote:

> i just got windows Xp and i used the speakers from my old computer and now
> are using them for this coomputer. when they are pluged in they are not
> dected and i cant seem to find drivers or hardware for them anywhere! please
> HELPPP

There are no drivers for speakers. Try reinstalling your sound card
drivers and make sure you are pluggin the jacks in the right spot and
everything is set correctly.

----
Nathan McNulty