Hard Drive Letter Change on System Upgrade

August 27, 2004 3:30:19 PM

I upgraded my Windows ME to the Windows XP Home Edition.
My hard drive letter automatically changed from C: to F:
which is causing problems with using other software. MS
Knowledge Base Article said to use the Disk Management
snap-in but the article itself said this would not work
for system volume or boot volume. Tried this avenue
anyway but received message "Windows cannot modify the
drive letter of the system volume or boot volume".
Please help!
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 4:11:41 PM

See the KB article at