Windows XP fails to recognzie the USB mouse device

Joe

I have a Dell Notebook running Windows XP pro. I attached a Targus
wirless optical mouse, and everything worked fine the first time. The
next time I tried connecting the mouse, windows XP announced a new
device found, followed by a cannot recognize the USB device message.
Since, then I get no reaction from Windows XP, and the mouse doesn't
work. Targus support doesn't have any specific drivers for this
device. Any idea as how to query Windows XP to provide more info as
what went wrong with the native drivers?
Thanks

I would try uninstalling/reinstalling your motherboard/chipset drivers.
To do this, go to Dell's website and download the proper drivers for
your computer model. Also, does this mouse still work in other
computers? Do other USB devices work in the port?

----
Nathan McNulty