Dell Wireless multimedia keyboard & mouse

I am almost positive it is not a hardware failure, but I have limited
knowledge. My hard drive failed a few weeks ago and Dell replaced it - since
then my wireless keyboard has failed to function properly. It is a wireless
combo with my mouse, but my mouse has been working fine. When I start using
my keyboard extensively for inputing data, eventually (it takes 2 minutes or
sometimes 30 minutes) the keyboard keys are scrambled, i.e., I type an "h"
and it shows as a "w" on the screen. I've tried batteries, resyncing the
signals to the receiver, unplugging and plugging in again to reinstall the
hardware, and nothing seems to work. It seems to be fine if I am on the
internet, but if i am working in XP it will screw up eventually. Anyone have
any ideas on what I might do? I've already tried uninstalling the driver and
installing it again, but it doesn't work.

Have you tried uninstalling the keyboard/mouse software and then
reinstalling it? This usually happens when there is interference on the
same frequency as the mouse/keyboard are connecting on. This can be
remedied by changing channels, but it loooks like you have tried that :(

----
Nathan McNulty