How to board the 'Scarab'?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 7, 2004 1:31:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

I just got this problem: How should I board the 'Scarab'?

I'm on the 5th level: The 'Metropolis Level'.

I can get down on both the front 'legs' and also the other 'legs'. But
what should I do, because Master Chief can't get into this 'Scarab'
anywhere?

-Unfortunately Master Chief can't swim, as i se it, because every time
he is falling down in the water, I have to restart my level.

What is going wrong for me here? -After a very nice day with Halo 2,
I'm completely lost now!

Maybe somebody who got past this 'Scarab' problem could help me...

I would be very happy...

Rgds,
PC

More about : board scarab

Anonymous
December 7, 2004 9:55:26 PM

"PC" <peterchristensen@lycos.com> wrote in message
> I just got this problem: How should I board the 'Scarab'?
>
> I'm on the 5th level: The 'Metropolis Level'.
>
> I can get down on both the front 'legs' and also the other 'legs'. But
> what should I do, because Master Chief can't get into this 'Scarab'
> anywhere?
>
> -Unfortunately Master Chief can't swim, as i se it, because every time
> he is falling down in the water, I have to restart my level.
>
> What is going wrong for me here? -After a very nice day with Halo 2,
> I'm completely lost now!
>
> Maybe somebody who got past this 'Scarab' problem could help me...
>
> I would be very happy...
>
> Rgds,
> PC

Don't board yet until it gets blocked in the end. Until then, go to the MG
posts and shoot all the enemies coming to the sides. Once it stops, board
it, go down, and kill the elite controlling it.
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 8:02:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

I grab as much rocket launcher ammo as I can, then jump down onto it from
the first bridge, waste all the Covenant on it, then go inside. Best tactic
on the Scarab is to attack from the rear on the left and right
alternatively, sweep the upper surface clear, and once that's done, venture
inside.
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 11:44:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

I just got past this, first try last night. I jumped down on the
middle very top from the first bridge I got to. I took an smg and a
cov blaster and was fine. The benifit of being on the very top of the
bug is that the enemys can't shoot you from below, and they have to
come up the back of the bug 1 at a time. While you can drop gnades
down on either side while the marines have them distracted. My shields
never even went down any. When I got inside I lobbed a couple of frags
to the very back of the bug once I disposed of the first few cov's.
Shields only went down bout a 1/4 of the way. Then thats it.
L8tr,
kadargocrichton
!