A7V8X-MX and Barton 2500+ problem?

I have one of these oldish boards as a standin for my nforce2 board
which died. I take it my Mobile Barton Core 2500+ doesn't work so well
with this board? It detects it all right, but runs it at 1000 Mhz and
there are no options to change the multiplier that I can see and the bus
only goes to 166Mhz? Am I missing anything? Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about a7v8x barton 2500 problem

    Though interestingly enough, because its a mobile I can switch the CPU
    speed and voltage up under windows....didn't know what until now. So
    currently I'm at 2.3 Ghz.....fast enough for now.

    On Mon, 09 May 2005 20:02:42 +1200, ChrisR <chrisr@es.co.nz> wrote:

    >Though interestingly enough, because its a mobile I can switch the CPU
    >speed and voltage up under windows....didn't know what until now. So
    >currently I'm at 2.3 Ghz.....fast enough for now.
    >
    >ChrisR wrote:
    >> I have one of these oldish boards as a standin for my nforce2 board
    >> which died. I take it my Mobile Barton Core 2500+ doesn't work so well
    >> with this board? It detects it all right, but runs it at 1000 Mhz and
    >> there are no options to change the multiplier that I can see and the bus
    >> only goes to 166Mhz? Am I missing anything? Thanks.

    mobile bartons start up at default 6x multiplier, with the default 133
    fsb that equates to 800mhz, but with 166fsb that is 1000mhz. maximum
    intended speed for a mobile 2500 is 15.5x133, about 2ghz.

    dr ratt

    gary: so there's no chance we can be together?
    lisa: only if you promise me you'll never die.
    gary: you know i can't promise that.
    lisa: if you could do that, i'd make love to you, right now.
    gary: i promise. i will never die.

Asus Motherboards