Don't tell Me There's No Cheats For Halo PC

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Today for the second time in as many weeks I saw someone grab the flag in
Blood Gulch and jump up through the hole in the middle of the base. Yes,
jump through with no assist. When I went out to look for him he was halfway
to the other base. When I sent a message asking how one does that I was
banned from the server. F'ing cheaters.
8 answers Last reply
More about there cheats halo
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "Agent777" <Agent777@n0-n0-na.net> wrote in message
    > Today for the second time in as many weeks I saw someone grab the flag in
    > Blood Gulch and jump up through the hole in the middle of the base. Yes,
    > jump through with no assist. When I went out to look for him he was
    halfway
    > to the other base. When I sent a message asking how one does that I was
    > banned from the server. F'ing cheaters.

    You can mod the gravity on a server to accomplish that, or stand on
    someone's head, or jump off another object such as a hog you've parked in
    there.

    -Russ.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "Somebody" <somebody@nospam.russdoucet.com> wrote in message

    > "Agent777" <Agent777@n0-n0-na.net> wrote in message
    > > Today for the second time in as many weeks I saw someone grab the flag
    in
    > > Blood Gulch and jump up through the hole in the middle of the base. Yes,
    > > jump through with no assist. When I went out to look for him he was
    > halfway
    > > to the other base. When I sent a message asking how one does that I was
    > > banned from the server. F'ing cheaters.
    >
    > You can mod the gravity on a server to accomplish that, or stand on
    > someone's head, or jump off another object such as a hog you've parked in
    > there.
    >
    > -Russ.

    He didn't jump off anything and it wasn't modded.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    Agent777 wrote:
    > Today for the second time in as many weeks I saw someone grab the
    > flag in Blood Gulch and jump up through the hole in the middle of the
    > base. Yes, jump through with no assist. When I went out to look for
    > him he was halfway to the other base. When I sent a message asking
    > how one does that I was banned from the server. F'ing cheaters.

    Hello agent, I've played you before. Sure you didn't see lag, it can do
    wierd things?

    staple
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    a staple wrote:
    > Agent777 wrote:
    >> Today for the second time in as many weeks I saw someone grab the
    >> flag in Blood Gulch and jump up through the hole in the middle of the
    >> base. Yes, jump through with no assist. When I went out to look for
    >> him he was halfway to the other base. When I sent a message asking
    >> how one does that I was banned from the server. F'ing cheaters.
    >
    > Hello agent, I've played you before. Sure you didn't see lag, it can
    > do wierd things?
    >
    > staple

    And sorry to respond to my own post, but if I recollect correctly you also
    called me a cheat on my own server. Having read some of your other posts
    made it all stroll back. My advice matey would just be to get better, lol.
    Just to help you remember my server is normally called "Sniping the flag"

    staple
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "a staple" <onlythestaple.not.this.bit@hotmail.or.this.bit.com> wrote in
    message
    > > Hello agent, I've played you before. Sure you didn't see lag, it can
    > > do wierd things?
    > >
    > > staple
    >
    > And sorry to respond to my own post, but if I recollect correctly you also
    > called me a cheat on my own server. Having read some of your other posts
    > made it all stroll back. My advice matey would just be to get better, lol.
    > Just to help you remember my server is normally called "Sniping the flag"
    >
    > staple

    Hey Staple thanks for the reply. I'm sure it wasn't lag, I saw the guy jump
    through the roof. And please be assured it wasn't me who called you a cheat.
    I use a different handle for Halo. I'm "Death Blow" (the gang over at
    alt.tv.seinfeld would recognize it as a movie in an episode) and I'm a lousy
    sniper so I doubt if I have played your server.

    I did get booted from the server though just for asking how he did it. I
    find that odd as I made no accusations.

    Just curious of what you were doing to be accused of cheating.

    I'll keep an eye out for your server and am looking forward to playing you.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    Agent777 wrote:
    > "a staple" <onlythestaple.not.this.bit@hotmail.or.this.bit.com> wrote
    > in message
    >>> Hello agent, I've played you before. Sure you didn't see lag, it can
    >>> do wierd things?
    >>>
    >>> staple
    >>
    >> And sorry to respond to my own post, but if I recollect correctly
    >> you also called me a cheat on my own server. Having read some of
    >> your other posts made it all stroll back. My advice matey would just
    >> be to get better, lol. Just to help you remember my server is
    >> normally called "Sniping the flag"
    >>
    >> staple
    >>

    > Hey Staple thanks for the reply. I'm sure it wasn't lag, I saw the
    > guy jump through the roof. And please be assured it wasn't me who
    > called you a cheat. I use a different handle for Halo. I'm "Death
    > Blow" (the gang over at alt.tv.seinfeld would recognize it as a movie
    > in an episode) and I'm a lousy sniper so I doubt if I have played
    > your server.
    >
    > I did get booted from the server though just for asking how he did
    > it. I find that odd as I made no accusations.
    >
    > Just curious of what you were doing to be accused of cheating.
    >
    > I'll keep an eye out for your server and am looking forward to
    > playing you.

    Well Agent777, there is someone who plays by that very name on Halo -
    curious you would come on to a news group by a handle you don't use. Anyhow
    I get the usual amount of cheat calls because I'm good and can usually kick
    arse (not always but i like competition). It seems that sometimes the only
    way people can explain away skill is by calling them a cheat. I don't kick
    off my server for calling me names though, only for TK'ing, AFK'ing and
    lagging. (that is unless you *really* annoy me, lol).
    I have only seen the unexplained happen on modded servers, but I've never
    seen anyone cheat on any of the servers that I frequent or run.
    I suppose theres always the first time though, however in my experience the
    only people calling "cheat" are the people who need to practise a *lot*
    more.

    "Death Blow" hmmmm, I dont think I've come across you before, but you will
    be welcome on my server whenever you happen across it.

    See you

    staple
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "a staple" <onlythestaple.not.this.bit@hotmail.or.this.bit.com> wrote in
    message news:cpijf6$ekv$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...

    > Well Agent777, there is someone who plays by that very name on Halo -
    > curious you would come on to a news group by a handle you don't use.

    I've been using this handle on usenet for years. I didn't want to change it
    just to post to this group.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "a staple" <onlythestaple.not.this.bit@hotmail.or.this.bit.com> wrote in
    message news:cpifmi$mgh$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
    > a staple wrote:
    > > Agent777 wrote:
    > >> Today for the second time in as many weeks I saw someone grab the
    > >> flag in Blood Gulch and jump up through the hole in the middle of the
    > >> base. Yes, jump through with no assist. When I went out to look for
    > >> him he was halfway to the other base. When I sent a message asking
    > >> how one does that I was banned from the server. F'ing cheaters.
    > >
    > > Hello agent, I've played you before. Sure you didn't see lag, it can
    > > do wierd things?
    > >
    > > staple
    >
    > And sorry to respond to my own post, but if I recollect correctly you also
    > called me a cheat on my own server. Having read some of your other posts
    > made it all stroll back. My advice matey would just be to get better, lol.
    > Just to help you remember my server is normally called "Sniping the flag"
    >
    > staple

    Actually, I've just thought, someone before also accused me of cheating,
    wasn't for jumping through the hole, but just said I was a cheater, haven't
    got a clue what I did, but I'm guessing it's lag as I am not on broadband
    and as I never did anything.

    Don't know why they would boot you off the server though? Unless you did
    something? Could you jump through the hole? I don't know how halo mp works
    on the PC (only have the free trial which I use) but I think you can get
    modded games and the game may have been modded, but you would be able to do
    it as well.

Games Video Games