PC Probe

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
May 10, 2005 12:30:07 AM

Hi,

I am having a big problem with installing ASUS PC Probe software. Every time
I try to install it the instalation simply hungs at the step "ASUS Probe
installation is inspecting your system configuration". I reinstalled Windows
and it did not help. My motherboard is A8N SLI Deluxe and I have Windows XP
Pro SP2.

Thanks in advance!

More about : probe

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 10, 2005 12:30:08 AM

Did you get the 64 bit version by mistake?
Ken'

"marko" <mark111@net.hr> wrote in message news:D 5oa7q$5qf$1@bagan.srce.hr...
> Hi,
>
> I am having a big problem with installing ASUS PC Probe software. Every
> time I try to install it the instalation simply hungs at the step "ASUS
> Probe installation is inspecting your system configuration". I reinstalled
> Windows and it did not help. My motherboard is A8N SLI Deluxe and I have
> Windows XP Pro SP2.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 12, 2005 3:23:19 AM

På Mon, 9 May 2005 20:30:07 +0200, skrev marko <mark111@net.hr>:

> Hi,
>
> I am having a big problem with installing ASUS PC Probe software. Every
> time
> I try to install it the instalation simply hungs at the step "ASUS Probe
> installation is inspecting your system configuration". I reinstalled
> Windows
> and it did not help. My motherboard is A8N SLI Deluxe and I have
> Windows XP
> Pro SP2.
>
> Thanks in advance!

DONT EVER INSTALL IT!
That program should never been issued at all....
Its worce than virus, and will leave you with a Bios checksum error for
sure..

You have several other options for flashing bios.

regards
Ottar T

--
Sendt med M2 - Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

Didn't know probe was for flashing bios???, just reads the cpu temp,
fan speeds ,etc on my machine & works fine...
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 12, 2005 3:50:07 AM

På 11 May 2005 14:35:07 -0700, skrev wally <wallynospam@hotmail.com>:

> Didn't know probe was for flashing bios???, just reads the cpu temp,
> fan speeds ,etc on my machine & works fine...

sorry I meant Liveupdate...

Everest from http://www.lavalys.com/ can do most of the things you need...

regards
Ottar t
--
Sendt med M2 - Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram:
http://www.opera.com/m2/
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 24, 2005 10:05:09 PM

"wally" <wallynospam@hotmail.com> writes:
> Didn't know probe was for flashing bios???, just reads the cpu temp,
> fan speeds ,etc on my machine & works fine...

PC Probe works for me, too. Just doesn't display the 2nd case fan and
no way to configure it to...

Ronald Cole <ronald@forte-intl.com> Phone: (760) 499-9142
President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152
May 26, 2005 8:54:22 PM

On Tue, 24 May 2005 18:05:09 -0700, Ronald Cole <ronald@forte-intl.com>
wrote:

>"wally" <wallynospam@hotmail.com> writes:
>> Didn't know probe was for flashing bios???, just reads the cpu temp,
>> fan speeds ,etc on my machine & works fine...
>
>PC Probe works for me, too. Just doesn't display the 2nd case fan and
>no way to configure it to...

AFAIK Probe can only reads 3 fans, most Asus boards only have 3
monitored fan headers on them, CPU, Chassis & Power.

Ed
--
PCpTray: Add-on for Asus PC Probe
http://tinyurl.com/6bhxe

One would think that in the near future Asus will change that to 2 or even 3
case fans being monitored as most case have at least that many now.
Ken'

"Ed" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 24 May 2005 18:05:09 -0700, Ronald Cole <ronald@forte-intl.com>
> wrote:
>
>>"wally" <wallynospam@hotmail.com> writes:
>>> Didn't know probe was for flashing bios???, just reads the cpu temp,
>>> fan speeds ,etc on my machine & works fine...
>>
>>PC Probe works for me, too. Just doesn't display the 2nd case fan and
>>no way to configure it to...
>
> AFAIK Probe can only reads 3 fans, most Asus boards only have 3
> monitored fan headers on them, CPU, Chassis & Power.
>
> Ed
> --
> PCpTray: Add-on for Asus PC Probe
> http://tinyurl.com/6bhxe

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 27, 2005 12:39:33 AM

On Thu, 26 May 2005 16:54:22 -0500, Ed <spam@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>On Tue, 24 May 2005 18:05:09 -0700, Ronald Cole <ronald@forte-intl.com>
>>wrote:

>>>PC Probe works for me, too. Just doesn't display the 2nd case fan and
>>>no way to configure it to...
>>
>>AFAIK Probe can only reads 3 fans, most Asus boards only have 3
>>monitored fan headers on them, CPU, Chassis & Power.
My A7V400-MX only seems to have the chassis and CPU sensors connected
(Antec case & psu).

PC Probe always shows the power fan at 0, even though the fan in the psu
is running.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 27, 2005 12:39:34 AM

"Brad Clarke" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> My A7V400-MX only seems to have the chassis and CPU sensors connected
> (Antec case & psu).
>
> PC Probe always shows the power fan at 0, even though the fan in the psu
> is running.

Your PSU would have to have a fan monitor cable (not all do), and you would
have to plug it into the correct MB connector for the PC Probe to see the
RPMs.

It's not magic.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 27, 2005 3:42:41 AM

On Thu, 26 May 2005 18:51:50 -0600, "Mark A" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>>"Brad Clarke" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>>> My A7V400-MX only seems to have the chassis and CPU sensors connected
>>> (Antec case & psu).
>>>
>>> PC Probe always shows the power fan at 0, even though the fan in the psu
>>> is running.
>>
>>Your PSU would have to have a fan monitor cable (not all do), and you would
>>have to plug it into the correct MB connector for the PC Probe to see the
>>RPMs.
>>
>>It's not magic.
But it could be :)

The specs on my board indicates it only has monitoring capabilities for
the CPU fan and one chassis fan.
May 27, 2005 1:35:29 PM

In article <0m5d91pnmgv2oq9mnj8osrmi6g2l6c13kr@4ax.com>, me@privacy.net wrote:

> On Thu, 26 May 2005 18:51:50 -0600, "Mark A" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> >>"Brad Clarke" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

> >>Your PSU would have to have a fan monitor cable (not all do), and you would
> >>have to plug it into the correct MB connector for the PC Probe to see the
> >>RPMs.
> >>
> >>It's not magic.
> But it could be :)
>
> The specs on my board indicates it only has monitoring capabilities for
> the CPU fan and one chassis fan.

The number of fans monitored is determined by the monitor chip.
There are chips that have two fan monitors and chips that have
three fan monitors.

When a motherboard has three fan headers, and a chip with two
fan monitors, one of the headers simply doesn't use the tachometer
signal that comes from the fan. I would presume the unimplemented
channel would read zero in Asus Probe.

Some of the monitor chips, also have Q-fan type support for all
channels. But, Asus only puts one power transistor on the motherboard,
for control of the CPU fan header. Some of the newer motherboards
have Qfan2, which allows the CPU fan header and a second fan header
to be controlled by the monitor chip. A program like speedfan cannot
know how many channels have power transistors - while speedfan
can attempt to adjust a channel in the monitor chip, if there is
no driver transistor on the board, then nothing will happen (i.e.
fan continues to run full speed).

To see what a typical chip looks like, try this doc.

http://www.winbond-usa.com/products/winbond_products/pd...

HTH,
Paul
!