Hard drive going bad2?

I forgot to mention that when I try to copy a file to another hd that
windows locks up, the clock stops, nothing that I click will work except
ctl-alt-del task manager.

I end process of drwatson and win falls to desktop, arrrgh, no blue smoke
yet.

You mean that this happens when you try to copy a file on any hard drive to
any other hard drive?
"ldone" <ldone@aol.com> wrote in message
>I forgot to mention that when I try to copy a file to another hd that
>windows locks up, the clock stops, nothing that I click will work except
>ctl-alt-del task manager.
>
> I end process of drwatson and win falls to desktop, arrrgh, no blue smoke
> yet.

Two things. First, try to keep your posts to one post (so do a followup
as a reply). This helps make it easier to follow :)

Second, try installing the latest chipset drivers and check your BIOS
settings. Make sure that everything is operating correctly and see if
removing any of the drives help the cause ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

ldone wrote:
> I forgot to mention that when I try to copy a file to another hd that
> windows locks up, the clock stops, nothing that I click will work except
> ctl-alt-del task manager.
>
> I end process of drwatson and win falls to desktop, arrrgh, no blue smoke
> yet.

Thanks all, I found a beta version of spysweeper was causing the problem