Internet connection unusable after SP4 of Windows 2000 on ..

Hi all,

that's all in the subject. I have a broken Internet connection right after
applying SP4 of Windows 2000 on previous SP3 install. Network access is so
slow, making connection unusable. Maximum bandwidth available is 1,2Mbit.
System has a P4PE mainboard with onboard 1Gbit LAN. This NIC is connected to
a very simple and inexpensive 5-port switch.
That's for sure not an ISP problem nor a router problem: working on the same
machine with another OS works fine. Switching back to W2K w/SP4 and again
the problem appears.
I've tried updating the NIC driver without success.

Any hint?
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about internet connection unusable windows 2000

    You may wish to flick over to one of the MS news groups for this.
    The first thing I would check would be the IP configuration and ensure that
    the gateway and dns entries are correct.

    If another OS works ok then this tends to indicate that the h/w is OK, the
    MAC address has not been lost, and points to the drivers / OS / IP config.

    - Tim

    "-=_ Antani _=-" <gaePUNTOmerola@NOSPAMemail.it> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > that's all in the subject. I have a broken Internet connection right after
    > applying SP4 of Windows 2000 on previous SP3 install. Network access is so
    > slow, making connection unusable. Maximum bandwidth available is 1,2Mbit.
    > System has a P4PE mainboard with onboard 1Gbit LAN. This NIC is connected
    > a very simple and inexpensive 5-port switch.
    > That's for sure not an ISP problem nor a router problem: working on the
    > same
    > machine with another OS works fine. Switching back to W2K w/SP4 and again
    > the problem appears.
    > I've tried updating the NIC driver without success.
    >
    > Any hint?
    > Thanks

Asus Internet Service Providers Windows 2000 Internet Connection Motherboards