Internet connection unusable after SP4 of Windows 2000 on ..

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
May 10, 2005 8:16:19 PM

Hi all,

that's all in the subject. I have a broken Internet connection right after
applying SP4 of Windows 2000 on previous SP3 install. Network access is so
slow, making connection unusable. Maximum bandwidth available is 1,2Mbit.
System has a P4PE mainboard with onboard 1Gbit LAN. This NIC is connected to
a very simple and inexpensive 5-port switch.
That's for sure not an ISP problem nor a router problem: working on the same
machine with another OS works fine. Switching back to W2K w/SP4 and again
the problem appears.
I've tried updating the NIC driver without success.

Any hint?
Thanks
May 11, 2005 3:01:21 PM

You may wish to flick over to one of the MS news groups for this.
The first thing I would check would be the IP configuration and ensure that
the gateway and dns entries are correct.

If another OS works ok then this tends to indicate that the h/w is OK, the
MAC address has not been lost, and points to the drivers / OS / IP config.

- Tim

news:D 5qfq0$i64$1@news.sap-ag.de...

!