hardware refreshment problem...please help

Hello Guys
i have a Sony Vaio notebook
my problem is i can not use my CD-Rom drive with my FDD at the same time
but it should be hot swabable but if i'm using the FDD
and i want to access some files on a cd
i should install the CD-Drive then reboot the system
to get my files
and vice versa with the FDD
can anyone help me please
thanks in advance

This all depends on your laptop. Some of them use a bay that is
hotswappable. This means that you can unplug the FDD and replace it
with the CDROM drive while the computer is running. You may need to
install the latest drivers for your computer in order to get this to
work. It may also be required to use the Remove Hardware Icon in the
System Tray to remove the FDD before you take it out of the computer to
put in the CD ROM.

----
Nathan McNulty

Eng. Taha Khamis A.Wahab wrote:
> Hello Guys
> i have a Sony Vaio notebook
> my problem is i can not use my CD-Rom drive with my FDD at the same time
> but it should be hot swabable but if i'm using the FDD
> and i want to access some files on a cd
> i should install the CD-Drive then reboot the system
> to get my files
> and vice versa with the FDD
> can anyone help me please
> thanks in advance