A7A266 mobo and USB 2.0

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to install a PCI USB 2.0 card on my mobo? Do I have to
upgrade the bios?

Many thanks for your help.

Riccardo
4 answers Last reply
More about a7a266 mobo

    Just plug the USB2.0 card in. I did it on my A7V133-C, XP added the drivers
    and that's that...

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    <eustachio@pirulazio.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > Is it possible to install a PCI USB 2.0 card on my mobo? Do I have to
    > upgrade the bios?
    >
    > Many thanks for your help.
    >
    > Riccardo

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 15:09:36 +0300, "Thomas Wendell"
    <tumppiw_NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Just plug the USB2.0 card in. I did it on my A7V133-C, XP added the drivers
    >and that's that...

    Thanks, I was afraid it wouldn't work since the BIOS is quite old.

    Rgds.

    Riccardo

    eustachio@pirulazio.com wrote:

    > Thanks, I was afraid it wouldn't work since the BIOS is quite old.

    I've put a PCI USB 2.0 controller on my A7A, and it works just fine. Be
    sure to check whether you need to install specific drivers BEFORE
    installing the card, because I did it the other way around, and it took
    me forever to get XP to see the card as USB 2.0 rather than just
    1.0/1.1. That's to do with windows, and not the A7A though, but I
    thought I'd mention it just the same.

    >I've put a PCI USB 2.0 controller on my A7A, and it works just fine. Be
    >sure to check whether you need to install specific drivers BEFORE
    >installing the card, because I did it the other way around, and it took
    >me forever to get XP to see the card as USB 2.0 rather than just
    >1.0/1.1. That's to do with windows, and not the A7A though, but I
    >thought I'd mention it just the same.

    Many thanks!

Asus USB Motherboards