A7A266 mobo and USB 2.0

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to install a PCI USB 2.0 card on my mobo? Do I have to
upgrade the bios?

Many thanks for your help.

Riccardo

Just plug the USB2.0 card in. I did it on my A7V133-C, XP added the drivers
and that's that...

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

<eustachio@pirulazio.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> Hi everybody,
>
> Is it possible to install a PCI USB 2.0 card on my mobo? Do I have to
> upgrade the bios?
>
> Many thanks for your help.
>
> Riccardo

On Wed, 11 May 2005 15:09:36 +0300, "Thomas Wendell"
<tumppiw_NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Just plug the USB2.0 card in. I did it on my A7V133-C, XP added the drivers
>and that's that...

Thanks, I was afraid it wouldn't work since the BIOS is quite old.

Rgds.

Riccardo

eustachio@pirulazio.com wrote:

> Thanks, I was afraid it wouldn't work since the BIOS is quite old.

I've put a PCI USB 2.0 controller on my A7A, and it works just fine. Be
sure to check whether you need to install specific drivers BEFORE
installing the card, because I did it the other way around, and it took
me forever to get XP to see the card as USB 2.0 rather than just
1.0/1.1. That's to do with windows, and not the A7A though, but I
thought I'd mention it just the same.

>I've put a PCI USB 2.0 controller on my A7A, and it works just fine. Be
>sure to check whether you need to install specific drivers BEFORE
>installing the card, because I did it the other way around, and it took
>me forever to get XP to see the card as USB 2.0 rather than just
>1.0/1.1. That's to do with windows, and not the A7A though, but I
>thought I'd mention it just the same.

Many thanks!

TRENDING THREADS