new processor

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

ive just installed a new processor, the old one was 1300,
when i start up my pc it says at the start up that the
processor is still 1300, it should read 2300, any ideas??

What mobo and CPU? Did you check to be sure the new CPU is
supported by the old mobo and BIOS? Is there a BIOS update
available?

"pete" <p.pilgrim1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
| ive just installed a new processor, the old one was 1300,
| when i start up my pc it says at the start up that the
| processor is still 1300, it should read 2300, any ideas??

Most AMD processors are isntalled at 100 MHz on the FSB. You need to up
it to either 133 or 166 depending on which core the CPU is. If you know
it is a Barton, set it to 166. You can download either 7.00 or 7.20
from here to determine what CPU you have:
http://cbid.amdclub.ru/html/download.html

----
Nathan McNulty