Vidio Drivers

when I unistall my vidio drivers for my GeForce5200
and restart my computer to install my new drivers, XP
automaticly reinstalls the old drivers before I can do
anything,with no option to change.is there some way around
this Thanx...
5 answers Last reply
More about vidio drivers

    I hope yr getting the new drivers from yr hw manu site, and not winupdate.
    The site gives specific instructions for installing new drivers, these
    instructions can very by hw.
    In nvidea its often the case that you remove drivers via add remove
    dialogue, reboot into std vga mode then install new driver.

    "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when I unistall my vidio drivers for my GeForce5200
    > and restart my computer to install my new drivers, XP
    > automaticly reinstalls the old drivers before I can do
    > anything,with no option to change.is there some way around
    > this Thanx...

    Exactly but as soon as you reboot it automaticly loads
    them ????

    Not if you use F8 and boot either into Safe Mode or into VGA Mode.
    www.coribright.com

    > Exactly but as soon as you reboot it automaticly loads
    > them ????

    Ok I stand corrected, thanks for the tip...

    After running my PC at 1280 x 1024 if I ever boot up into Safe Mode, it
    looks just TERRIBLE. It's frightening when I think back to the days of DOS
    and Windows 3.0 and what we put up with, thinking wow... we have color
    (EGA).
    www.coribright.com

    > Ok I stand corrected, thanks for the tip...

Hardware Drivers Microsoft Windows XP