  • Drivers
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
August 28, 2004 11:30:08 AM

when I unistall my vidio drivers for my GeForce5200
and restart my computer to install my new drivers, XP
automaticly reinstalls the old drivers before I can do
anything,with no option to change.is there some way around
this Thanx...

More about : vidio drivers

August 28, 2004 9:05:08 PM

I hope yr getting the new drivers from yr hw manu site, and not winupdate.
The site gives specific instructions for installing new drivers, these
instructions can very by hw.
In nvidea its often the case that you remove drivers via add remove
dialogue, reboot into std vga mode then install new driver.

"Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when I unistall my vidio drivers for my GeForce5200
> and restart my computer to install my new drivers, XP
> automaticly reinstalls the old drivers before I can do
> anything,with no option to change.is there some way around
> this Thanx...
August 28, 2004 9:05:09 PM

Exactly but as soon as you reboot it automaticly loads
them ????

a b \ Driver
August 28, 2004 9:05:10 PM

Not if you use F8 and boot either into Safe Mode or into VGA Mode.
www.coribright.com

> Exactly but as soon as you reboot it automaticly loads
> them ????

August 28, 2004 9:05:11 PM

Ok I stand corrected, thanks for the tip...

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 29, 2004 5:01:46 PM

After running my PC at 1280 x 1024 if I ever boot up into Safe Mode, it
looks just TERRIBLE. It's frightening when I think back to the days of DOS
and Windows 3.0 and what we put up with, thinking wow... we have color
(EGA).
www.coribright.com

!