winxp sp2 and A4tech 2wheel usb mouse

August 28, 2004 7:18:15 PM

after installing sp2 i've got a problem with my usb mouse.
i have 2 usb ports.
if it is plugged into second usb port, i got
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error while booting or when plugging
the mouse into usb port.

if it is plugged into first usb port i can boot
successfully, but mouse pointer doesn't move when i move
the mouse...

other info on configuration
MS windows XP SP2
intel celeron processor 1.8 GHz
i845G chipset
256 RAM

what can be the reason of this
and are there ane workarounds.
thanks:)
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 4:26:05 PM

I have seen many problems like this recently with SP2. I'll suggest the
same thing here. Download and install the latest chipset drivers for
your motherboard. These can be downloaded here:
ftp://aiedownload.intel.com/df-support/7484/eng/infinst...

----
Nathan McNulty

Demo_S wrote:
> after installing sp2 i've got a problem with my usb mouse.
> i have 2 usb ports.
> if it is plugged into second usb port, i got
> IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error while booting or when plugging
> the mouse into usb port.
>
> if it is plugged into first usb port i can boot
> successfully, but mouse pointer doesn't move when i move
> the mouse...
>
> other info on configuration
> MS windows XP SP2
> intel celeron processor 1.8 GHz
> i845G chipset
> 256 RAM
>
> what can be the reason of this
> and are there ane workarounds.
> thanks:)
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 9:30:32 AM

"Demo_S" <demos_glok@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<1ff601c48d4c$e9ad5be0$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> after installing sp2 i've got a problem with my usb mouse.
> i have 2 usb ports.
> if it is plugged into second usb port, i got
> IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error while booting or when plugging
> the mouse into usb port.
>
> if it is plugged into first usb port i can boot
> successfully, but mouse pointer doesn't move when i move
> the mouse...
>
> other info on configuration
> MS windows XP SP2
> intel celeron processor 1.8 GHz
> i845G chipset
> 256 RAM
>
> what can be the reason of this
> and are there ane workarounds.
> thanks:)

I had exactly the same problem with that mouse. Removing the mouse let
me boot, where as it would blue screen previously.
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 11:20:53 PM

Oh yes I managed to get the mouse to work with XP SP2 by using the USB
to PS/2 adapter that came with the mouse.

!