  • Hardware
  • Blue Screen
  • Windows XP
August 28, 2004 10:36:53 PM

Hello!

I had an annoying blue screen today that terrified me! The
blue screen came on wiht the following message:

"System halted. Please contact your hardware vendor for
support".

I did a Norton antivirus update, scanned all drives and
then a scan disk.

I restarted the pc... loaded windows normally and since
this morning I havent received the same blue screen

I dont know whether it was an one of thing or something
that will persist. I have to wait and see.

Thank you very much in advance

More about : system halted

Anonymous
August 30, 2004 4:55:23 PM

If this does not happen frequently, it may have just been a bad read
from the memory or something like that. If you do continue to get the
blue screen regularly, you may need to look for help, but for right now,
you are fine ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

!