Cannot delete protected folder

I cannot delete a protected folder. It is a adware
programme that i think my son has downloaded from the
internet. It has an .exe extension and i cannot find the
uninstall file in it's folder. please advise.

Open a Command Prompt window and leave it open. Close all
open programs. Click Start, Run and enter TASKMGR.EXE Go
to the Processes tab and End Process on Explorer.exe.
Leave Task Manager open. Go back to the Command Prompt
window and change to the directory the AVI (or other
undeletable file) is located in. At the command prompt
type DEL <filename> where <filename> is the file you wish
to delete. Go back to Task Manager, click File, New Task
and enter EXPLORER.EXE to restart the GUI shell. Close
Task Manager.