P4P800-X power LED

I just upgraded to the P4P800-X & I would like to know why the power LED
on the front of the case is lit when I turn off the computer. I have the
"power button mode" set to "on/off" & "Restore on AC power loss" set to
"power off" in the BIOS. I also have usb jumpers set to +5v. I have
double checked all connections & everything looks good. Is this
something new to ASUS boards to let you know the computer is still
plugged in. I thought that was the purpose of the SB LED on the mobo itself?

Thanks for any insight on this.

1980firebird wrote:

> I just upgraded to the P4P800-X & I would like to know why the power LED
> on the front of the case is lit when I turn off the computer. I have the
> "power button mode" set to "on/off" & "Restore on AC power loss" set to
> "power off" in the BIOS. I also have usb jumpers set to +5v. I have
> double checked all connections & everything looks good. Is this
> something new to ASUS boards to let you know the computer is still
> plugged in. I thought that was the purpose of the SB LED on the mobo
> itself?
>
> Thanks for any insight on this.

Hooking up the LED lights is sometimes tricky, esp. in tight
spaces. Placed the Power LED header across the right pins? And
the right LED, i.e., the header is 1-X-3, where X=empty.

GHalleck wrote:

> 1980firebird wrote:
>
>> I just upgraded to the P4P800-X & I would like to know why the power
>> LED on the front of the case is lit when I turn off the computer. I
>> have the "power button mode" set to "on/off" & "Restore on AC power
>> loss" set to "power off" in the BIOS. I also have usb jumpers set to
>> +5v. I have double checked all connections & everything looks good. Is
>> this something new to ASUS boards to let you know the computer is
>> still plugged in. I thought that was the purpose of the SB LED on the
>> mobo itself?
>>
>> Thanks for any insight on this.
>

> Hooking up the LED lights is sometimes tricky, esp. in tight
> spaces. Placed the Power LED header across the right pins? And
> the right LED, i.e., the header is 1-X-3, where X=empty.

Yes it is connected correctly. I even went as far as disconnecting
everything (PCI cards, AGP card, drives, memory, all other front panel
connectors & USB devices) from the mobo except main power supply & the
power LED. It still lights up with the SB LED on the mobo when the
computer is off.

I finally had some time to checked out the Asus web site & I found that
my problem was the BIOS needed to be updated to at least ver 1005 to
correct the power LED problem, my board came with 1003. I updated the
BIOS to 1008 & my power LED works the way it is supposed to.