Asus A8N-sli

Hello,

This week I build á new system with the Asus A8N-sli and AMD64 3800+ and 1
GB
RAM, everything works fine in Windows-XP, but the Logitech pilot USB-mouse
doesn't work under real-DOS, the led in the mouse does not light.
Legacy USB-support is enabled in the bios.
When I plug the mouse via á USB-PS2 adapter in the PS2 port it works fine.
Also the newest bios-version (A8NSB005.BIN) did not solve the problem.
This is the first system where I got this problem.

My reseller tested this on other systems with the same board and saw the
same
problem.

Question:
Why does the USB mouse not work in real-DOS and how can I solve this.

Thanks in advance, and don't watch my poor Englisch ;-)

gr. Henk
--
Ik lees alleen mail gepost naar onderstaand adres.
infoDIT@NIETpc-freak.nl [haal "DIT NIET" weg]

Op Sat, 14 May 2005 13:16:12 +0200, schreef: ~PCfreak®~

> Hello,
>
> This week I build á new system with the Asus A8N-sli and AMD64 3800+ and 1
> GB RAM, everything works fine in Windows-XP, but the Logitech pilot USB-mouse
> doesn't work under real-DOS, the led in the mouse does not light.
> Legacy USB-support is enabled in the bios.
> When I plug the mouse via á USB-PS2 adapter in the PS2 port it works fine.
> Also the newest bios-version (A8NSB005.BIN) did not solve the problem.
> This is the first system where I got this problem.
>
> My reseller tested this on other systems with the same board and saw the
> same problem.
>
> Question:
> Why does the USB mouse not work in real-DOS and how can I solve this.
>
> Thanks in advance, and don't watch my poor Englisch ;-)
>
> gr. Henk

Does nobody really has the same problem and á solution?

gr. Henk
--

On Mon, 16 May 2005 14:27:45 +0200, ~PCfreak®~ <pcfreak52@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Op Sat, 14 May 2005 13:16:12 +0200, schreef: ~PCfreak®~
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> This week I build á new system with the Asus A8N-sli and AMD64 3800+ and 1
>> GB RAM, everything works fine in Windows-XP, but the Logitech pilot USB-mouse
>> doesn't work under real-DOS, the led in the mouse does not light.
>> Legacy USB-support is enabled in the bios.
>> When I plug the mouse via á USB-PS2 adapter in the PS2 port it works fine.
>> Also the newest bios-version (A8NSB005.BIN) did not solve the problem.
>> This is the first system where I got this problem.
>>
>> My reseller tested this on other systems with the same board and saw the
>> same problem.
>>
>> Question:
>> Why does the USB mouse not work in real-DOS and how can I solve this.
>>
>> Thanks in advance, and don't watch my poor Englisch ;-)
>>
>> gr. Henk
>
>Does nobody really has the same problem and á solution?
>
>gr. Henk

How many people use DOS nowadays? I think the lack of response you got
should give you an idea. Now I seem to remember you do need a driver
for a mouse to work in DOS either a mouse.com or mouse.sys which need
to be loaded into memory via the config.sys or Autoexec.bat files.

~PCfreak®~ wrote:

> Question:
> Why does the USB mouse not work in real-DOS and how can I solve this.

I think you'll find that DOS does not use a mouse as an input device,
and does not need one. If you want to use a mouse in a real mode DOS
enviroment, you'll need a real mode DOS driver.

Note that DOS does not have native USB support either. So any vanilla
real mode DOS mouse driver will not help you get the mouse on the USB
port working in DOS.

There's info on getting a USB mouse to work in real mode DOS on this site:

http://www.stefan2000.com/darkehorse/PC/DOS/Drivers/USB/