HP 5510 web page printing

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b α HP
May 26, 2004 1:33:44 AM

On the HP5510 I notice that printed web pages are missing some
graphics entities, namely the round "bullets" on a comment list, and
some graphic surrounds on some action buttons. Although only a minor
issue since the information is all there, I am puzzled because these
graphics items do get included on output from two other printers which
are fed from the same browser on the same computer. Changing the IE
option to print background colors does not change this behavior, and I
can't find any option settings in the HP driver to change this.

Dick Ballard
ballardr@att.net

More about : 5510 web page printing

May 26, 2004 1:33:45 AM

Those bullets are actually extended Unicode characters, like these:

? ? ? ?

not graphics. Most likely the font file in your printer doesn't include
them.

Don

"Dick Ballard" <ballardr@att.net> wrote in message
> On the HP5510 I notice that printed web pages are missing some
> graphics entities, namely the round "bullets" on a comment list, and
> some graphic surrounds on some action buttons. Although only a minor
> issue since the information is all there, I am puzzled because these
> graphics items do get included on output from two other printers which
> are fed from the same browser on the same computer. Changing the IE
> option to print background colors does not change this behavior, and I
> can't find any option settings in the HP driver to change this.
>
> Dick Ballard
> ballardr@att.net
May 26, 2004 1:33:46 AM

"Don" <nospam@please.gov> wrote in message
> Those bullets are actually extended Unicode characters, like these:
>
> ? ? ? ?
>

> not graphics. Most likely the font file in your printer doesn't include
> them.
>
> Don

Well, I see they didn't make it through the mail system. Oh well

Don
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 26, 2004 10:47:23 AM

But why doesn't Windows supply the fonts? Is there a setting somewhere
in Windows or the printer driver/setup to do this?

Dick Ballard
ballardr@att.net

!