pc3200 and a7v400-mx se

The user guide says that a ddr400 may only run at 333 MHz. But there
also is a list of qualified vendors for ddr400 dimms. That confuses me
a little. If I buy a dimm from the list will it run on 400MHz?

Anders

On Sun, 15 May 2005 12:46:48 GMT, "Anders Henningsson" <m8735@abc.se>
wrote:

>>The user guide says that a ddr400 may only run at 333 MHz. But there
>>also is a list of qualified vendors for ddr400 dimms. That confuses me
>>a little. If I buy a dimm from the list will it run on 400MHz?
I have PC3200 DDR ram in my pair of A7V400-MX machines, and it runs at
333 MHz.

"Anders Henningsson" <m8735@abc.se> wrote in message
> The user guide says that a ddr400 may only run at 333 MHz. But there
> also is a list of qualified vendors for ddr400 dimms. That confuses me
> a little. If I buy a dimm from the list will it run on 400MHz?
>
> Anders

No, that board won't let ddr400 memory rum at full speed. Asus is only
letting the customer know that those tested dimms are certified to work from
various ram manufacturers. Yet those dimms will still throttle down to
333Mhz

On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:46:57 UTC, Brad Clarke <me@privacy.net> wrote:

> >>The user guide says that a ddr400 may only run at 333 MHz. But there
> >>also is a list of qualified vendors for ddr400 dimms. That confuses me
> >>a little. If I buy a dimm from the list will it run on 400MHz?
> I have PC3200 DDR ram in my pair of A7V400-MX machines, and it runs at
> 333 MHz.
Does this slow the cpu much?

Anders

In answer to your question about cpu speed, the answer is no. However, I
think your confusing the board's 400 front side bus feature with ddr400
memory bandwidth speed. They are not the same.

On Sun, 15 May 2005 22:40:00 GMT, "Anders Henningsson" <m8735@abc.se>
wrote:

>>> I have PC3200 DDR ram in my pair of A7V400-MX machines, and it runs at
>>> 333 MHz.
>>Does this slow the cpu much?
I have no idea.

I'm running a Semprom 2400+ in it, and it seems to work fine.