Not recognising blank DVD-R (Sonic Record Dx)

Hi

I am having a problem with my DVD Burner. I want to copy
a DVD from one drive (D:\) and burn it on to a blank DVD-
R which I put in my DVD-RW Drive (E:\).

I have been using Sonic Record DX to try and do this.
This is the original DVD burner software that came pre-
loaded on to my computer.

I have had the computer for just over three weeks and to
begin with everything was fine I could copy DVDs without
any problems but now Sonic Record DX will not let me copy
DVDs.

When it tells me to insert a Blank DVD-R in the DVD-RW
drive I do this but then I get a message saying "Please
insert Blank DVD". I've tried several brand new DVD-Rs
which I have just taken out of the wrapping so I know
there is nothing on them but yet the software still tells
me to insert a Blank DVD.

It doesn't seem to be recognising blank DVD-Rs in the E:\
drive.

The E:\ drive plays CDs, DVDs etc fine.

I've gone to My Computer and checked the status of the
DVD-RW drive (E:\) and it says everything is fine. I
insert a blank DVD-R in the E:\ and the icon on My
Computer changes to a DVD-R symbol which shows that the
computer has recognised the blank DVD-R. I've checked the
properties aspect of the blank DVD-R and it says Free
Space - 0 bytes and Used Space 0 bytes. I don't know
whether this means that isn't recognising the disc or
that it's just blank.

Do you think I need some kind of patch or bug fix to
enable me to record to blank DVDs again?

Please help!!

Thanks

Amanda

Actually, it sounds like the DVD's you are trying to copy are too large
to fit on a Blank DVD. Have you tried writing like 3 GB of data to a
DVD and see if that works?

----
Nathan McNulty