Not recognising blank DVD-R (Sonic Record Dx)

Hi

I am having a problem with my DVD Burner. I want to copy
a DVD from one drive (D:\) and burn it on to a blank DVD-
R which I put in my DVD-RW Drive (E:\).

I have been using Sonic Record DX to try and do this.
This is the original DVD burner software that came pre-
loaded on to my computer.

I have had the computer for just over three weeks and to
begin with everything was fine I could copy DVDs without
any problems but now Sonic Record DX will not let me copy
DVDs.

When it tells me to insert a Blank DVD-R in the DVD-RW
drive I do this but then I get a message saying "Please
insert Blank DVD". I've tried several brand new DVD-Rs
which I have just taken out of the wrapping so I know
there is nothing on them but yet the software still tells
me to insert a Blank DVD.

It doesn't seem to be recognising blank DVD-Rs in the E:\
drive.

The E:\ drive plays CDs, DVDs etc fine.

I've gone to My Computer and checked the status of the
DVD-RW drive (E:\) and it says everything is fine. I
insert a blank DVD-R in the E:\ and the icon on My
Computer changes to a DVD-R symbol which shows that the
computer has recognised the blank DVD-R. I've checked the
properties aspect of the blank DVD-R and it says Free
Space - 0 bytes and Used Space 0 bytes. I don't know
whether this means that isn't recognising the disc or
that it's just blank.

Do you think I need some kind of patch or bug fix to
enable me to record to blank DVDs again?

Please help!!

Thanks

Amanda
1 answer Last reply
More about recognising blank sonic record

    Actually, it sounds like the DVD's you are trying to copy are too large
    to fit on a Blank DVD. Have you tried writing like 3 GB of data to a
    DVD and see if that works?

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Amanda wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am having a problem with my DVD Burner. I want to copy
    > a DVD from one drive (D:\) and burn it on to a blank DVD-
    > R which I put in my DVD-RW Drive (E:\).
    >
    > I have been using Sonic Record DX to try and do this.
    > This is the original DVD burner software that came pre-
    > loaded on to my computer.
    >
    > I have had the computer for just over three weeks and to
    > begin with everything was fine I could copy DVDs without
    > any problems but now Sonic Record DX will not let me copy
    > DVDs.
    >
    > When it tells me to insert a Blank DVD-R in the DVD-RW
    > drive I do this but then I get a message saying "Please
    > insert Blank DVD". I've tried several brand new DVD-Rs
    > which I have just taken out of the wrapping so I know
    > there is nothing on them but yet the software still tells
    > me to insert a Blank DVD.
    >
    > It doesn't seem to be recognising blank DVD-Rs in the E:\
    > drive.
    >
    > The E:\ drive plays CDs, DVDs etc fine.
    >
    > I've gone to My Computer and checked the status of the
    > DVD-RW drive (E:\) and it says everything is fine. I
    > insert a blank DVD-R in the E:\ and the icon on My
    > Computer changes to a DVD-R symbol which shows that the
    > computer has recognised the blank DVD-R. I've checked the
    > properties aspect of the blank DVD-R and it says Free
    > Space - 0 bytes and Used Space 0 bytes. I don't know
    > whether this means that isn't recognising the disc or
    > that it's just blank.
    >
    > Do you think I need some kind of patch or bug fix to
    > enable me to record to blank DVDs again?
    >
    > Please help!!
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Amanda

DVD DVD Writers Windows XP