P4P800 SE

I upgraded from Abit KT7 to P4P800 SE, P4 2.4.
I have 2 HDDs, one has a Fedora install with a grub pointing to the 2nd HDD
Win2K. I replaced the mobo and when I choose Fedora it just resets, when I
choose Win2K it shows a blue screen 'invalid boot device' immediately after
the black screen vertical gauge (I even pressed F8 and chose 'safe mode'
thinking that some of the drivers installed for the Abit Mobo would
interfere with the Asus - nothing same thing).

I though that maybe the Win2K install have become corrupted and I installed
the old Abit mobo. Works perfect.

I took a new HDD and made a clean install of Win2K, works perfect. Now I
need the old install, it has all kind of goodies, I don't want to loose it.
On the other hand I can't stand the noisy CompUSA fan I installed on the
Athlon. I want the Asus, and the faster Pentium.

Can anybody give me any suggestions on what to do next?

James

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824125