O/C'ing a Rev 1.x A8V m/b

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
May 16, 2005 11:31:43 AM

Hello, All!

I have the A8V and Athlon64 3000+. Checking via EverestHome I find that this
is a Rev 1.x board. I've read comments, without details, that this combo can
not be overclocked. I've also seen comments that others 'thought' later bios
revisions solved a locked multiplier problem.

Those in the know - what are the facts about this m/b - can it be oc'ed or
is it a waste of effort to even try?

Thanks,
Colonel Blip.
E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com

More about : ing rev a8v

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 17, 2005 11:42:00 AM

Hello,

I posted posted a similar request for info on this group a few days ago and
as yet have not received a reply. However, a bit a research at:

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=328463&page=19...

has revealed that later versions of Revision 1.02 (serial # 45..........
upwards have working AGP/PCI Frequency locks in the bios. Apparentley,
these locks do not appear in every bios revision. Beta bios 1005.021 seems
to be the most popular bios version for these pre-Revision 2 boards. As I
have not yet put a system together with my A8V Revision 1.02, I am still
researching.

If you have the system up and running with the latest bios update I would be
interested to hear if the 'AGP/PCI Frequency" setting appears in the bios.
If it does, you have the lock. I know that Revision 2 of the board
virtually guaranteed a work AGP/PCI lock.

Regards,
Shane
"Colonel Blip" <colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Hello, All!
>
> I have the A8V and Athlon64 3000+. Checking via EverestHome I find that
> this is a Rev 1.x board. I've read comments, without details, that this
> combo can not be overclocked. I've also seen comments that others
> 'thought' later bios revisions solved a locked multiplier problem.
>
> Those in the know - what are the facts about this m/b - can it be oc'ed or
> is it a waste of effort to even try?
>
> Thanks,
> Colonel Blip.
> E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 17, 2005 11:42:01 AM

Hello, nospam!
You wrote on Tue, 17 May 2005 07:42:00 +1000:

n> If you have the system up and running with the latest bios update I
n> would be interested to hear if the 'AGP/PCI Frequency" setting appears
n> in the bios. If it does, you have the lock. I know that Revision 2 of
n> the board virtually guaranteed a work AGP/PCI lock.

n> Regards,
n> Shane

I could not find AGP/PCI frequency setting anywhere.

Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com

a b V Motherboard
May 17, 2005 12:35:26 PM

Hello,
I found this link to the 1005.021 bios that apparently provides a working
AGP/PCI lock for some pre-revision 2 A8V motherboards:

http://www.amdmbpond.com/users/seno...uxe-1005021.zip

Regards,
Shane
"nospam" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I posted posted a similar request for info on this group a few days ago
> and as yet have not received a reply. However, a bit a research at:
>
> http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=328463&page=19...
>
> has revealed that later versions of Revision 1.02 (serial # 45..........
> upwards have working AGP/PCI Frequency locks in the bios. Apparentley,
> these locks do not appear in every bios revision. Beta bios 1005.021
> seems to be the most popular bios version for these pre-Revision 2 boards.
> As I have not yet put a system together with my A8V Revision 1.02, I am
> still researching.
>
> If you have the system up and running with the latest bios update I would
> be interested to hear if the 'AGP/PCI Frequency" setting appears in the
> bios. If it does, you have the lock. I know that Revision 2 of the
> board virtually guaranteed a work AGP/PCI lock.
>
> Regards,
> Shane
> "Colonel Blip" <colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
>> Hello, All!
>>
>> I have the A8V and Athlon64 3000+. Checking via EverestHome I find that
>> this is a Rev 1.x board. I've read comments, without details, that this
>> combo can not be overclocked. I've also seen comments that others
>> 'thought' later bios revisions solved a locked multiplier problem.
>>
>> Those in the know - what are the facts about this m/b - can it be oc'ed
>> or is it a waste of effort to even try?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Colonel Blip.
>> E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com