O/C'ing a Rev 1.x A8V m/b

Hello, All!

I have the A8V and Athlon64 3000+. Checking via EverestHome I find that this
is a Rev 1.x board. I've read comments, without details, that this combo can
not be overclocked. I've also seen comments that others 'thought' later bios
revisions solved a locked multiplier problem.

Those in the know - what are the facts about this m/b - can it be oc'ed or
is it a waste of effort to even try?

Thanks,
Colonel Blip.
E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com

More about tomshardware

    Hello,

    I posted posted a similar request for info on this group a few days ago and
    as yet have not received a reply. However, a bit a research at:

    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=328463&page=19&pp=15

    has revealed that later versions of Revision 1.02 (serial # 45..........
    upwards have working AGP/PCI Frequency locks in the bios. Apparentley,
    these locks do not appear in every bios revision. Beta bios 1005.021 seems
    to be the most popular bios version for these pre-Revision 2 boards. As I
    have not yet put a system together with my A8V Revision 1.02, I am still
    researching.

    If you have the system up and running with the latest bios update I would be
    interested to hear if the 'AGP/PCI Frequency" setting appears in the bios.
    If it does, you have the lock. I know that Revision 2 of the board
    virtually guaranteed a work AGP/PCI lock.

    Regards,
    Shane
    "Colonel Blip" <colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, All!
    >
    > I have the A8V and Athlon64 3000+. Checking via EverestHome I find that
    > this is a Rev 1.x board. I've read comments, without details, that this
    > combo can not be overclocked. I've also seen comments that others
    > 'thought' later bios revisions solved a locked multiplier problem.
    >
    > Those in the know - what are the facts about this m/b - can it be oc'ed or
    > is it a waste of effort to even try?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Colonel Blip.
    > E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com

    > News==----
    > Newsgroups
    > =----

    Hello, nospam!
    You wrote on Tue, 17 May 2005 07:42:00 +1000:

    n> If you have the system up and running with the latest bios update I
    n> would be interested to hear if the 'AGP/PCI Frequency" setting appears
    n> in the bios. If it does, you have the lock. I know that Revision 2 of
    n> the board virtually guaranteed a work AGP/PCI lock.

    n> Regards,
    n> Shane

    I could not find AGP/PCI frequency setting anywhere.

    Thanks,

    Colonel Blip.
    E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com

    Hello,
    I found this link to the 1005.021 bios that apparently provides a working
    AGP/PCI lock for some pre-revision 2 A8V motherboards:

    http://www.amdmbpond.com/users/seno...uxe-1005021.zip

    Regards,
    Shane
    "nospam" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I posted posted a similar request for info on this group a few days ago
    > and as yet have not received a reply. However, a bit a research at:
    >
    > http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=328463&page=19&pp=15
    >
    > has revealed that later versions of Revision 1.02 (serial # 45..........
    > upwards have working AGP/PCI Frequency locks in the bios. Apparentley,
    > these locks do not appear in every bios revision. Beta bios 1005.021
    > seems to be the most popular bios version for these pre-Revision 2 boards.
    > As I have not yet put a system together with my A8V Revision 1.02, I am
    > still researching.
    >
    > If you have the system up and running with the latest bios update I would
    > be interested to hear if the 'AGP/PCI Frequency" setting appears in the
    > bios. If it does, you have the lock. I know that Revision 2 of the
    > board virtually guaranteed a work AGP/PCI lock.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Shane
    > "Colonel Blip" <colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello, All!
    >>
    >> I have the A8V and Athlon64 3000+. Checking via EverestHome I find that
    >> this is a Rev 1.x board. I've read comments, without details, that this
    >> combo can not be overclocked. I've also seen comments that others
    >> 'thought' later bios revisions solved a locked multiplier problem.
    >>
    >> Those in the know - what are the facts about this m/b - can it be oc'ed
    >> or is it a waste of effort to even try?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Colonel Blip.
    >> E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com

    >> News==----
    >> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
    >> Newsgroups
    >> =----

    Sorry try this link:

    http://www.amdmbpond.com/users/senor/A8V-ASUS-Deluxe-1005021.zip

    > Hello,
    > I found this link to the 1005.021 bios that apparently provides a working
    > AGP/PCI lock for some pre-revision 2 A8V motherboards:
    >
    > http://www.amdmbpond.com/users/seno...uxe-1005021.zip
    >
    > Regards,
    > Shane
    > "nospam" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I posted posted a similar request for info on this group a few days ago
    >> and as yet have not received a reply. However, a bit a research at:
    >>
    >> http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=328463&page=19&pp=15
    >>
    >> has revealed that later versions of Revision 1.02 (serial # 45..........
    >> upwards have working AGP/PCI Frequency locks in the bios. Apparentley,
    >> these locks do not appear in every bios revision. Beta bios 1005.021
    >> seems to be the most popular bios version for these pre-Revision 2
    >> boards. As I have not yet put a system together with my A8V Revision
    >> 1.02, I am still researching.
    >>
    >> If you have the system up and running with the latest bios update I would
    >> be interested to hear if the 'AGP/PCI Frequency" setting appears in the
    >> bios. If it does, you have the lock. I know that Revision 2 of the
    >> board virtually guaranteed a work AGP/PCI lock.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Shane
    >> "Colonel Blip" <colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hello, All!
    >>>
    >>> I have the A8V and Athlon64 3000+. Checking via EverestHome I find that
    >>> this is a Rev 1.x board. I've read comments, without details, that this
    >>> combo can not be overclocked. I've also seen comments that others
    >>> 'thought' later bios revisions solved a locked multiplier problem.
    >>>
    >>> Those in the know - what are the facts about this m/b - can it be oc'ed
    >>> or is it a waste of effort to even try?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Colonel Blip.
    >>> E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com