HELP! SAME OLD: FILE SHARING/ACCESS RESOURCES

HI,
JUST LET ME TELL YOU THAT THIS NEWSGROUP IS AN EXCELLENT HELP, AND THAT I
APPRECIATE EVERBODY'S EFFORT. WELL, I HAVE NETGEAR WRG614 WIRELESS ROUTER,
AND SPRINT DSL MODEM CONNECTED TO THE ROUTER, AND THE ROUTER CONNECTED TO A
DELL PC WITH WINDOWS HOME EDITION SP1. THE WIRELESS PC IS A HP WITH WINDOWS
PROFESSIONAL SP2, I ALSO HAVE ZONE ALARM SECURITY SUITE. I HAVE INTERNET
CONNECTION IN BOTH COMPUTERS. I CAN PING EACH OTHER COMPUTERS. I CAN SEE THE
COMPUTERS IN NETWORK PLACES. THE COMPUTERS HAVE DIFFERENT NAMES AND SAME
WORKGROUP NAME. I SHARED THE C DRIVES IN EACH COMPUTER.
PROBLEM: FROM THE DELL PC, I HAVE NO PROBLES ACCESSING THE WIRELESS HP
COMPUTER, BUT FROM THE WIRELESS HP COMPUTER I CAN NOT ACCESS FILES IN THE
DELL PC, THE HP WIRELESS PC GIVES ME A MESSAGE THAT SAYS " DELL PC IS NOT
ACCESSIBLE. YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO USE THIS NETWORK
RESOURCES.....TATATATA. I HAVE DISABLE THE ZONE ALARM FIREWALL, WINDOWS
FIREWALL, AND THE DELL PC DOES NOT LET ME TO RUN THE NETWOR WIZARD, I DO NOT
KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO, I HAVE READ ALMOST ALL OF THE Q&A FORM THE FORUM AND I
STILL CA NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM, HELP ME PLEASE, AND IF YOU CAN, GIME ME STEPS
OF HOW TO SOLVE THE PLROBLEM, I AM NOT AN EXPERT, THANKS
3 answers Last reply
More about help file sharing access resources

    Hi
    Read first the following page as a whole (I.e. do not click on any link).

    Than use the appropriate links.

    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    It might take some time but it is easier than Reading a whole page in CAPS.
    ;)

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "CARMEN" <CARMEN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > HI,
    > JUST LET ME TELL YOU THAT THIS NEWSGROUP IS AN EXCELLENT HELP, AND THAT I
    > APPRECIATE EVERBODY'S EFFORT. WELL, I HAVE NETGEAR WRG614 WIRELESS
    ROUTER,
    > AND SPRINT DSL MODEM CONNECTED TO THE ROUTER, AND THE ROUTER CONNECTED TO
    > DELL PC WITH WINDOWS HOME EDITION SP1. THE WIRELESS PC IS A HP WITH
    WINDOWS
    > PROFESSIONAL SP2, I ALSO HAVE ZONE ALARM SECURITY SUITE. I HAVE INTERNET
    > CONNECTION IN BOTH COMPUTERS. I CAN PING EACH OTHER COMPUTERS. I CAN SEE
    THE
    > COMPUTERS IN NETWORK PLACES. THE COMPUTERS HAVE DIFFERENT NAMES AND SAME
    > WORKGROUP NAME. I SHARED THE C DRIVES IN EACH COMPUTER.
    > PROBLEM: FROM THE DELL PC, I HAVE NO PROBLES ACCESSING THE WIRELESS HP
    > COMPUTER, BUT FROM THE WIRELESS HP COMPUTER I CAN NOT ACCESS FILES IN THE
    > DELL PC, THE HP WIRELESS PC GIVES ME A MESSAGE THAT SAYS " DELL PC IS NOT
    > ACCESSIBLE. YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO USE THIS NETWORK
    > RESOURCES.....TATATATA. I HAVE DISABLE THE ZONE ALARM FIREWALL, WINDOWS
    > FIREWALL, AND THE DELL PC DOES NOT LET ME TO RUN THE NETWOR WIZARD, I DO
    NOT
    > KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO, I HAVE READ ALMOST ALL OF THE Q&A FORM THE FORUM AND
    > STILL CA NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM, HELP ME PLEASE, AND IF YOU CAN, GIME ME
    STEPS
    > OF HOW TO SOLVE THE PLROBLEM, I AM NOT AN EXPERT, THANKS

    i use ftp for file sharing across local and remote networks, and found it
    really reliable
    i dont know what other people think, but it seems to work, avoiding issues
    like master browser, invalid network places etc
    and recommend something basic like filezilla server and client.
    anyone else agree?

    http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

    hth

    philip ashley

    "Jack" <JackMDS@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Read first the following page as a whole (I.e. do not click on any link).
    >
    > Than use the appropriate links.
    >
    > http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    >

    > It might take some time but it is easier than Reading a whole page in
    > CAPS.
    > ;)
    >
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >

    > "CARMEN" <CARMEN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> HI,
    >> JUST LET ME TELL YOU THAT THIS NEWSGROUP IS AN EXCELLENT HELP, AND THAT I
    >> APPRECIATE EVERBODY'S EFFORT. WELL, I HAVE NETGEAR WRG614 WIRELESS
    > ROUTER,
    >> AND SPRINT DSL MODEM CONNECTED TO THE ROUTER, AND THE ROUTER CONNECTED TO
    >> DELL PC WITH WINDOWS HOME EDITION SP1. THE WIRELESS PC IS A HP WITH
    > WINDOWS
    >> PROFESSIONAL SP2, I ALSO HAVE ZONE ALARM SECURITY SUITE. I HAVE INTERNET
    >> CONNECTION IN BOTH COMPUTERS. I CAN PING EACH OTHER COMPUTERS. I CAN SEE
    > THE
    >> COMPUTERS IN NETWORK PLACES. THE COMPUTERS HAVE DIFFERENT NAMES AND SAME
    >> WORKGROUP NAME. I SHARED THE C DRIVES IN EACH COMPUTER.
    >> PROBLEM: FROM THE DELL PC, I HAVE NO PROBLES ACCESSING THE WIRELESS HP
    >> COMPUTER, BUT FROM THE WIRELESS HP COMPUTER I CAN NOT ACCESS FILES IN THE
    >> DELL PC, THE HP WIRELESS PC GIVES ME A MESSAGE THAT SAYS " DELL PC IS NOT
    >> ACCESSIBLE. YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO USE THIS NETWORK
    >> RESOURCES.....TATATATA. I HAVE DISABLE THE ZONE ALARM FIREWALL, WINDOWS
    >> FIREWALL, AND THE DELL PC DOES NOT LET ME TO RUN THE NETWOR WIZARD, I DO
    > NOT
    >> KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO, I HAVE READ ALMOST ALL OF THE Q&A FORM THE FORUM
    >> AND
    >> STILL CA NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM, HELP ME PLEASE, AND IF YOU CAN, GIME ME
    > STEPS
    >> OF HOW TO SOLVE THE PLROBLEM, I AM NOT AN EXPERT, THANKS

    I had similar problem (solved through this newsgroup). I was running Norton
    Internet Security 2002 on my DELL desktop. I had to exclude the IP Address
    range of the network in NIS and then disable NIS. (The router has a hardware
    firewall so this is OK) This worked for me.

    "Philip Ashley" wrote:

    > i use ftp for file sharing across local and remote networks, and found it
    > really reliable
    > i dont know what other people think, but it seems to work, avoiding issues
    > like master browser, invalid network places etc
    > and recommend something basic like filezilla server and client.
    > anyone else agree?
    >
    > http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/
    >
    > hth
    >
    > philip ashley
    >
    > "Jack" <JackMDS@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > Read first the following page as a whole (I.e. do not click on any link).
    > >
    > > Than use the appropriate links.
    > >
    > > http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    > >

    > > It might take some time but it is easier than Reading a whole page in
    > > CAPS.
    > > ;)
    > >
    > > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > >

    > > "CARMEN" <CARMEN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >> HI,
    > >> JUST LET ME TELL YOU THAT THIS NEWSGROUP IS AN EXCELLENT HELP, AND THAT I
    > >> APPRECIATE EVERBODY'S EFFORT. WELL, I HAVE NETGEAR WRG614 WIRELESS
    > > ROUTER,
    > >> AND SPRINT DSL MODEM CONNECTED TO THE ROUTER, AND THE ROUTER CONNECTED TO
    > >> DELL PC WITH WINDOWS HOME EDITION SP1. THE WIRELESS PC IS A HP WITH
    > > WINDOWS
    > >> PROFESSIONAL SP2, I ALSO HAVE ZONE ALARM SECURITY SUITE. I HAVE INTERNET
    > >> CONNECTION IN BOTH COMPUTERS. I CAN PING EACH OTHER COMPUTERS. I CAN SEE
    > > THE
    > >> COMPUTERS IN NETWORK PLACES. THE COMPUTERS HAVE DIFFERENT NAMES AND SAME
    > >> WORKGROUP NAME. I SHARED THE C DRIVES IN EACH COMPUTER.
    > >> PROBLEM: FROM THE DELL PC, I HAVE NO PROBLES ACCESSING THE WIRELESS HP
    > >> COMPUTER, BUT FROM THE WIRELESS HP COMPUTER I CAN NOT ACCESS FILES IN THE
    > >> DELL PC, THE HP WIRELESS PC GIVES ME A MESSAGE THAT SAYS " DELL PC IS NOT
    > >> ACCESSIBLE. YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO USE THIS NETWORK
    > >> RESOURCES.....TATATATA. I HAVE DISABLE THE ZONE ALARM FIREWALL, WINDOWS
    > >> FIREWALL, AND THE DELL PC DOES NOT LET ME TO RUN THE NETWOR WIZARD, I DO
    > > NOT
    > >> KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO, I HAVE READ ALMOST ALL OF THE Q&A FORM THE FORUM
    > >> AND
    > >> STILL CA NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM, HELP ME PLEASE, AND IF YOU CAN, GIME ME
    > > STEPS
    > >> OF HOW TO SOLVE THE PLROBLEM, I AM NOT AN EXPERT, THANKS

Wireless Computers Hewlett Packard Wireless Networking