A7V600 & A7V600x have no built-in audio?

Are these two A socket boards the only ones Asus has "without" audio
built on?
4 answers Last reply
More about a7v600 a7v600x built audio

    In article <7jdh81dqepng8nmdba8588j0rb6pbvc1e1@4ax.com>, Mach 1
    <fordcoupe@att.net> wrote:

    > Are these two A socket boards the only ones Asus has "without" audio
    > built on?

    Here is a list off the Asus site. None of the products are
    listed as "WOA". I think everything has some kind of AC97
    or Azalia chip on it. I would hope every available variant
    would be on this list, because each product would need a
    unique SKU in order to be sold in stores.

    http://usa.asus.com/wheretobuy/SKUs/Motherboard_SKUs.pdf

    I tried search terms like "asus" and "woa", but only older
    products are available WOA.

    Paul

    Just dont see the need for a audio chip on-board if you have a sound
    blaster.

    Course as cheap as they are and I spose you can disable them why not.

    "Mach 1" <fordcoupe@att.net> wrote in message
    > Are these two A socket boards the only ones Asus has "without" audio
    > built on?

    I have both of these boards and the both have onboard audio. Easy to disable
    if you do not want to use them.

    Thanks dude.

    Well as far as I can tell all of their socket A boards have audio. So
    I might as well move up to a nicer board than the 600's

    On Mon, 16 May 2005 23:54:16 GMT, "Venom" <Viper@Mailhouse.com> wrote:

    >"Mach 1" <fordcoupe@att.net> wrote in message
    >> Are these two A socket boards the only ones Asus has "without" audio
    >> built on?
    >>

    >I have both of these boards and the both have onboard audio. Easy to disable
    >if you do not want to use them.

Asus Audio Socket Motherboards