Mother Board Sound Wont Work, Please Help!

The sound on my pc wont work i have tried reinstaling the codecs but nothing
will work, on the sound menu it says "no audio device" and on the sound tabs
everything iz blank. What do i do????
--
Fanx Jack.d
1 answer Last reply

    Do you have the latest drivers for your mainboard installed properly.
    These can be found on the manufacturers web site. On board sound
    must also be enabled in the BIOS. It is good policy to disable
    what you don't use. These are usually located in the integrated
    peripherals section. If you have a proprietary computer it is hard
    to say.

    "flinch_8" <flinch8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > The sound on my pc wont work i have tried reinstaling the codecs but
    > nothing
    > will work, on the sound menu it says "no audio device" and on the
    > sound tabs
    > everything iz blank. What do i do????
    > --
    > Fanx Jack.d