keyboard no longer works

A few days after updating Windows XP to SP 2 my daughters
PS\2 keyboard no longer works in Windows. Connections
are good and the driver is installed, Any ideas???

Thanks Seymour
seymourzw@verizon.net
6 answers Last reply
More about keyboard longer works

    download sp2 if you have remove it and problems disapear

    Maybe the keyboard just failed. If it worked for a few
    days, nothing in XP SP2 should have caused it to quit
    working. What else did you do besides SP2, did you use the
    device manager to disable the keyboard? Did you install any
    other software? Is it a wireless keyboard with dead
    batteries?

> [...]

    mine quit working to, i am using the on screen keyboard, it is wireless
    logitech have tried 3 sets of batteries fresh from store i have also had 2
    stop errors and then pc restarts but still no keybord, how do you get to bios
    with only on screen keyboard any help would be great
    katie

    "Jim Macklin" wrote:

    > Maybe the keyboard just failed. If it worked for a few
    > days, nothing in XP SP2 should have caused it to quit
    > working. What else did you do besides SP2, did you use the
    > device manager to disable the keyboard? Did you install any
    > other software? Is it a wireless keyboard with dead
    > batteries?

    > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    I would buy a $4 wired keyboard. Another reason for not
    using a wireless device as the sole means to input.

    "Kate" <Kate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | mine quit working to, i am using the on screen keyboard,
    it is wireless
    | logitech have tried 3 sets of batteries fresh from store i
    have also had 2
    | stop errors and then pc restarts but still no keybord, how
    do you get to bios
    | with only on screen keyboard any help would be great
    | katie
    |
    | "Jim Macklin" wrote:
    |
    | > Maybe the keyboard just failed. If it worked for a few
    | > days, nothing in XP SP2 should have caused it to quit
    | > working. What else did you do besides SP2, did you use
    the
    | > device manager to disable the keyboard? Did you install
    any
    | > other software? Is it a wireless keyboard with dead
    | > batteries?
    | >

    | > --
    | >

    | > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | > |

    "Seymour" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > A few days after updating Windows XP to SP 2 my daughters
    > PS\2 keyboard no longer works in Windows. Connections
    > are good and the driver is installed, Any ideas???
    >

    > Thanks Seymour
    > seymourzw@verizon.net

    - Get into the BIOS setup, to determine if the problem relates
    to your hardware or to Windows XP. If you can operate
    your keyboard while in the BIOS then the problem is caused
    by Windows.
    - Try a different keyboard.

    I am having the same problem with my computer. I am able
    to get into the BIOS and make changes, I am able to boot
    to a Win98 boot disk and type at the command line and I
    am able to log on at the XP login promt but after that
    things seem to stop working. I have noticed that if I
    hold a key down it will type a character, about 1
    character every 3 seconds that I hold the key down. I
    went into the keyboard settings in control panel and set
    everything to fast but that did not change the speed at
    all. I heard that ASUS had a BIOS update that fixed a
    similar problem on one of their boards but QDI does not.
    I bought a new keyboard and that also had no effect. If
    anybody out there has any info I would greatly appreciate
    it.

Hardware Keyboards Microsoft Windows XP