New PC and XP

Is there a step by step written process that takes me thru the procedure of

ie What do I have to do to make my XP CD bootable?
ETC.
ETC.

Thanks,
Jim

XP cd is bootable by default, depending on your sys you may have to set a cd
boot up option in your bios

On Wed, 18 May 2005 14:01:16 -0400, "jime" <jimeiffe@comcast.net> wrote:

>>Is there a step by step written process that takes me thru the procedure of
>>
>>ie What do I have to do to make my XP CD bootable?
>>ETC.
>>ETC.
You will need to go into your BIOS and set the boot device to be the
CD-ROM drive.

You indicated that you have the XP upgrade version.

At some point in your install, you will be prompted to insert the CD of
a previous version of Windows (for proof of ownership of a Windows
version to upgrade from).

After you do that, Windows XP should load properly, prompting you for
input along the way.

Brad

wrote:

>Is there a step by step written process that takes me thru the procedure of
>
>ie What do I have to do to make my XP CD bootable?
>ETC.
>ETC.
>
>Thanks,
>Jim

Jim:

WinXP Clean Install

That is the best site I've seen for what you want to do.

Happy trails,