Source for printer codes needed

I am desperate to get the control codes for a Samsung printer.
Samsung don't seem to want to help and I really need to print from an
old DOS app.

Does anyone know of a newsgroup, forum or similar that might be able
to point me in the right direction.

Thanks as always.
Rob

Alan

Kalico <rd@kalico.spam> wrote in message news:<7kp7b01im5rjoha9f2nefjqr357kpr3976@4ax.com>...
> I am desperate to get the control codes for a Samsung printer.
> Samsung don't seem to want to help and I really need to print from an
> old DOS app.
>
> Does anyone know of a newsgroup, forum or similar that might be able
> to point me in the right direction.

This group is a good start. But you have to state the model. Also,
whether the docs say if it's compatible with any other ones.

Another good place is <http://www.linuxprinting.org/> as drivers must
be reverse-engineered to work in Linux. If your printer is at all
popular you should find something there about it.

You can look at the code the Windows driver (assuming that's what they
give you)sends by changing the port to "print to file" and looking at
the resultant print file.

Ron

"Kalico" <rd@kalico.spam> wrote in message
> I am desperate to get the control codes for a Samsung printer.
> Samsung don't seem to want to help and I really need to print from an
> old DOS app.
>
> Does anyone know of a newsgroup, forum or similar that might be able
> to point me in the right direction.
>
> Thanks as always.
> Rob

http://www.printer-drivers.com/

Ron;
Which Samsung Printer?
email me at support@manuals4you.com

On Wed, 26 May 2004 19:54:05 -0400, "Ron" <rkrebs1@rcn.com> babbled:

->
->"Kalico" <rd@kalico.spam> wrote in message
->news:7kp7b01im5rjoha9f2nefjqr357kpr3976@4ax.com...
->> I am desperate to get the control codes for a Samsung printer.
->> Samsung don't seem to want to help and I really need to print from
an
->> old DOS app.
->>

On 26 May 2004 18:23:53 -0700, 7ibehx001@sneakemail.com (Alan) wrote:

>Kalico <rd@kalico.spam> wrote in message news:<7kp7b01im5rjoha9f2nefjqr357kpr3976@4ax.com>...
>> I am desperate to get the control codes for a Samsung printer.
>> Samsung don't seem to want to help and I really need to print from an
>> old DOS app.
>>
>> Does anyone know of a newsgroup, forum or similar that might be able
>> to point me in the right direction.
>
>This group is a good start. But you have to state the model. Also,
>whether the docs say if it's compatible with any other ones.
>
>Another good place is <http://www.linuxprinting.org/> as drivers must
>be reverse-engineered to work in Linux. If your printer is at all
>popular you should find something there about it.
>
>You can look at the code the Windows driver (assuming that's what they
>give you)sends by changing the port to "print to file" and looking at
>the resultant print file.

Thanks for the responses.

The printer is a Samsung ML-1210 and it is apparently unable to take
input from DOS applications.

However, I have managed to achieve what I wanted with a combination of
a port capture (to an Epson printer) and a utility called DOSprinter,
which emulates Epson printers for apps that are not too complicated.

Bingo! Thanks to you all anyway.
Rob