Installing multiple CD/DVD drives

I am having a problem having one CD rom drive and one DVD/CD drives at the
same time. I installed the DVD/CD drive after having my CD drive but now the
computer only reads the DVD/CD drive and not my original CD drive. In the My
Computer window it only shows the DVD/CD drive. Please help. THANKS!!

How did you set the jumpers?

"David L" <David L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
|I am having a problem having one CD rom drive and one
DVD/CD drives at the
| same time. I installed the DVD/CD drive after having my
CD drive but now the
| computer only reads the DVD/CD drive and not my original
CD drive. In the My
| Computer window it only shows the DVD/CD drive. Please
help. THANKS!!

I believe I set set them correctly

"Jim Macklin" wrote:

> How did you set the jumpers?

> "David L" <David L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> |I am having a problem having one CD rom drive and one
> DVD/CD drives at the
> | same time. I installed the DVD/CD drive after having my
> CD drive but now the
> | computer only reads the DVD/CD drive and not my original
> CD drive. In the My
> | Computer window it only shows the DVD/CD drive. Please
> help. THANKS!!

The DVD is master and the CD is slave if correct. If both
are master or one is master and one CS you will have
problems.

Also, did you check to see that the BIOS is set to enable
both drives on the IDE channels?

|I believe I set set them correctly
|
| "Jim Macklin" wrote:
|
| > How did you set the jumpers?
| >

| > --
| >

| > "David L" <David L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
| > message

| > |I am having a problem having one CD rom drive and one
| > DVD/CD drives at the
| > | same time. I installed the DVD/CD drive after having
my
| > CD drive but now the
| > | computer only reads the DVD/CD drive and not my
original
| > CD drive. In the My
| > | Computer window it only shows the DVD/CD drive.
Please
| > help. THANKS!!

And if none of that is the problem, you can check out:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553

----
Nathan McNulty