Harddrives on a P4c800-e Duluxe

I have the following drives to put on my mobo:

1 SATA Raptor (will have XP on it. I am not sure if I will install my APs
here)
3 EIDE 100 Drives
1 EIDE 133 (200 GB drive)
2 optical drives EIDE.

What is the best cabling hook up for best performance?

Thanks,
Jim

Paul

Splendid

In article <ZJednQdGV_6zixDfRVn-3g@comcast.com>, "jime"
<jimeiffe@comcast.net> wrote:

> I have the following drives to put on my mobo:
>
> 1 SATA Raptor (will have XP on it. I am not sure if I will install my APs
> here)
> 3 EIDE 100 Drives
> 1 EIDE 133 (200 GB drive)
> 2 optical drives EIDE.
>
> What is the best cabling hook up for best performance?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

P4C800-E Deluxe

Southbridge
Pri IDE Optical plus EIDE 133
Sec IDE Optical plus EIDE 100
SATA1 Raptor
SATA2 <none>

Promise 20378 (set to non-RAID; use "ATA" driver)
SATA_RAID1 <none>
SATA_RAID2 <none>
PRI_RAID EIDE 100 plus EIDE 100

Optical drives are not supported on the 20378.

Place most frequently used hard drives on the Southbridge.
Consider moving the data off the EIDE 100 drives onto the
200GB drive - fewer spindles will be more reliable and
a bit more quiet.

The only thing to watch, is that Promise controller. I
prepped a drive on another interface, and when I plugged
into the Promise PRI_RAID, the first partition on my disk
was "invisible". It might not hurt to back up the drives
you plan on placing on the Promise controller first, just
in case. I have no reservations about the Southbridge
interfaces - they seem to work OK.

I use Partition Magic to move stuff around - but since
Powerquest was bought out, I don't know what to recommend
as a good product.

If it was my computer, I would use the two opticals,
Raptor for boot disk, and 200GB as sole data disk.
All of that will fit on the Southbridge.

Paul