address bar

I am having problems deleting history from the address
bar.
When I press a key like m it brings upmsn and so and for
the rest of the keys.
How can i delete the info from the address bar.
I have tried deleting history but it doesnt always work

try deleting your cookies and temporary internet files.

Let me know how this works.

I have deleted all cookies and temp files but it still
shows int the address bar...

Its only when i hit the key to start typing an address it
populates

How to use the AutoComplete feature in Internet Explorer 5 and 6
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;217148

"To clear your AutoComplete history for Web addresses, follow these
steps in Internet Explorer:

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
Click the General tab.
Click Clear History, and then click OK."

> I have deleted all cookies and temp files but it still
> shows int the address bar...
>
> Its only when i hit the key to start typing an address it
> populates

Sometimes for what ever reason the auto complete file just
does not want to clear out.

If all you want to do is empty the contents of auto
complete you can go to:

Warning: Only proceed if you are comfortable editing the
registry

Start -> Run -> regedit ->
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\TypedURLs

Delete all of the entries (**Except the 1st
one "Default"**)

If you want to turn off Auto Complete use the link
provided by Airman

TRENDING THREADS