Setting up a home wireless network

My host PC operating system is windows ,using ME and my Client PC operating
system is windows, using XP. I use DSL and have installed a Westel wireless
router # 327w on the host PC and a network adapter, Lynks wireless 8, on my
clint PC.0 I am able to share my DSL connection but need help with file and
printer sharing. My expertise is beginner , in comutor technology and need
help. I want to thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me.
2 answers Last reply
More about setting home wireless network

    With a router, neither computer is host or client. Both are equal and
    neither need be on for the other to access the Internet.
    On the XP machine run the XP windows networking wizard and follow the
    bouncing ball. It sets up quite easily. It will offer you the choice to
    create a set-up on a memory stick to use on the other machine. As it is Me,
    I suggest you follow the directions.
    Ensure that each machine has a distinctive name (different than your logon
    names) and that both machines use the EXACT same workgroup name.
    Should be easy.

    "chemist2335" <chemist2335@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My host PC operating system is windows ,using ME and my Client PC
    > operating
    > system is windows, using XP. I use DSL and have installed a Westel
    > wireless
    > router # 327w on the host PC and a network adapter, Lynks wireless 8, on
    > my
    > clint PC.0 I am able to share my DSL connection but need help with file
    > and
    > printer sharing. My expertise is beginner , in comutor technology and need
    > help. I want to thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me.

    www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

    Carey

    "chemist2335" <chemist2335@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My host PC operating system is windows ,using ME and my Client PC
    > operating
    > system is windows, using XP. I use DSL and have installed a Westel
    > wireless
    > router # 327w on the host PC and a network adapter, Lynks wireless 8, on
    > my
    > clint PC.0 I am able to share my DSL connection but need help with file
    > and
    > printer sharing. My expertise is beginner , in comutor technology and need
    > help. I want to thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me.

Wireless Wireless Network Wireless Networking