Dell Laser Printer and SP2

August 30, 2004 11:40:10 AM

We just upgraded a PC from Win98 to XP SP2. The Dell Laser Printer 1500 was
detected by the Dell install disk under 98 and ran fine.

The PC detects the USB printer under Windows XP SP2 (and starts the install
wizard), but if you run the Dell install disk it does not find any printer
installed. Dell tells me the only driver for XP is a Win 2000 driver. But
the install wizard cannot detect the driver or install it even when the
install wizard is pointed to the driver 2000 folder. Some situation for a
relatively new printer from Dell.

Richard.

More about : dell laser printer sp2

Anonymous
August 31, 2004 2:56:47 PM

Here are the only drivers I could find for that printer:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c...

It says here that it should be supported by XP:
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?b...

----
Nathan McNulty

!