digital camera problems

August 30, 2004 8:45:58 AM

I've got a fuji finepix A405 digital camera and lately it
has stopped allowing me to download the stored images to
my PC. Normaly, I just plug in the USB, switch on the
camera and the menu comes up to download; now nothing
happens. I have changed the batteries, uninstalled and
reinstalled the fuji software, but still nothing.
My PC runs on windows XP. Any ideas?
Charlotte x
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 11:50:17 AM

i have the same problem, almost, my pc cant find the
software on the disc that came with my cam so my pc
although knows a cam is connected it wont recognise it.
do you know where i can download the software?

Anonymous
August 30, 2004 1:56:08 PM

I use a Lexar USB 2.0 MultiCard Reader and don't bother with
the connection of the camera. But you might try removing
the USB ports in device manager and rebooting, then reboot.
This should reinstall the drivers. It is also possible that
the port properties have changed to "take no action"

"charlotte" <charlieukangel@aol.com> wrote in message
| I've got a fuji finepix A405 digital camera and lately it
| has stopped allowing me to download the stored images to
| my PC. Normaly, I just plug in the USB, switch on the
| camera and the menu comes up to download; now nothing
| happens. I have changed the batteries, uninstalled and
| reinstalled the fuji software, but still nothing.
| My PC runs on windows XP. Any ideas?
| Charlotte x
August 30, 2004 2:14:38 PM

From Fuji http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/technical/ or in USA
at
http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epartners/ServiceSuppo...

|i have the same problem, almost, my pc cant find the
| software on the disc that came with my cam so my pc
| although knows a cam is connected it wont recognise it.
| do you know where i can download the software?

Anonymous
August 30, 2004 2:55:13 PM

Do you see the camera listed as a "drive" in Windows Explorer when it's
connected?

!