digital camera problems

I've got a fuji finepix A405 digital camera and lately it
has stopped allowing me to download the stored images to
my PC. Normaly, I just plug in the USB, switch on the
camera and the menu comes up to download; now nothing
happens. I have changed the batteries, uninstalled and
reinstalled the fuji software, but still nothing.
My PC runs on windows XP. Any ideas?
Charlotte x
4 answers Last reply
More about digital camera problems

    i have the same problem, almost, my pc cant find the
    software on the disc that came with my cam so my pc
    although knows a cam is connected it wont recognise it.
    do you know where i can download the software?

    I use a Lexar USB 2.0 MultiCard Reader and don't bother with
    the connection of the camera. But you might try removing
    the USB ports in device manager and rebooting, then reboot.
    This should reinstall the drivers. It is also possible that
    the port properties have changed to "take no action"

    "charlotte" <charlieukangel@aol.com> wrote in message
    | I've got a fuji finepix A405 digital camera and lately it
    | has stopped allowing me to download the stored images to
    | my PC. Normaly, I just plug in the USB, switch on the
    | camera and the menu comes up to download; now nothing
    | happens. I have changed the batteries, uninstalled and
    | reinstalled the fuji software, but still nothing.
    | My PC runs on windows XP. Any ideas?
    | Charlotte x

    From Fuji http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/technical/ or in USA
    at
    http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epartners/ServiceSupportSoftwareSelect.jsp

    |i have the same problem, almost, my pc cant find the
    | software on the disc that came with my cam so my pc
    | although knows a cam is connected it wont recognise it.
    | do you know where i can download the software?

    Do you see the camera listed as a "drive" in Windows Explorer when it's
    connected?

    charlotte wrote:
    > I've got a fuji finepix A405 digital camera and lately it
    > has stopped allowing me to download the stored images to
    > my PC. Normaly, I just plug in the USB, switch on the
    > camera and the menu comes up to download; now nothing
    > happens. I have changed the batteries, uninstalled and
    > reinstalled the fuji software, but still nothing.
    > My PC runs on windows XP. Any ideas?
    > Charlotte x

Download Cameras Windows XP