Intellipoint 5.2 - keystroke issue

louis

It's been a long wait for Intellipoint 5.2 which re-
instates the missing feature that allows keystroke
assignment and application specific settings.

It is a mystery why Microsoft chose to remove this which
is what made 4.1 so useful int he first place. Thankfully
it's back but it looks like a few extra keypresses for the
programmers was just too much for they missed out a bunch
of key options such as the SPACEBAR and ESC to mention a
few. There appears to be no way to set these. The
keystroke dialog ignores the space bar and there is no
option in the drop down.

The only way to set keys such as this is to directly edit
the registry entry and put the ascii code in manually.

So what are we talking here MS?? Lazyness?

yea ... also tab... i had my intellimouse explorer 3.0 set for one
button to to ALT+TAB and the mouse click to be TAB... so i could get
through all my windows very quickly... and now with IntelliMouse
Explorer 4.0 and IntelliPoint software 5.2 I can't do that anymore.

it's very frustating! How do i go about editing the registry using the
ASCII code?

- thanks .

--
mkic37