How to downgrade from Windows Pro to Windows Home??

amy

Hi I need to downgrade from windows professional to
windows home, can you help me? This is very urgent,
because until i can do this, I am unable to access the
school's internet server. Thank you!!!

legitimate as in a real reason or legitimate as in i have a legitimate copy
of win xp pro? seriously doubting the second one, nothing personal but any
request like this usually has to do with the vl version of win xp pro and an
invalid vl key that's been blacklisted so no service packs which are required
by your school probably.

if you're downgrading from pro to home you need to format the pro install's
drive and reinstall fresh or if you have a second partition that has enough
free space install on that and dual boot to get all your data migrated and
then format the pro partition

"Amy" wrote:

> Hi I need to downgrade from windows professional to
> windows home, can you help me? This is very urgent,
> because until i can do this, I am unable to access the
> school's internet server. Thank you!!!

Hi

You have to reformat and then reinstall XP Home, as XP Home can't be
installed over the top of XP Pro.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Amy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi I need to downgrade from windows professional to
> windows home, can you help me? This is very urgent,
> because until i can do this, I am unable to access the
> school's internet server. Thank you!!!

There is no reason that you would have a problem with Pro or
Home connecting to a mail server. Pro can connect to
workgroups or domains, Home can not join a domain. There is
no reason to think that your problem has anything to do with
the version of XP you have.

| Hi
|
| You have to reformat and then reinstall XP Home, as XP
Home can't be
| installed over the top of XP Pro.
|
| --
|
| Will Denny
| MVP - Windows Shell/User
| Please reply to the News Groups
|

| "Amy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| > Hi I need to downgrade from windows professional to
| > windows home, can you help me? This is very urgent,
| > because until i can do this, I am unable to access the
| > school's internet server. Thank you!!!

amy

I am having no problems with windows pro itself. I just
really need to downgrade to home, the reason is really
really long but it's legit. I was wondering how you would
go about reformatting windows. Thank you again for all
your help!!

Amy

Please explain the reason because it seems to be completely
phony and we can explain it better if we know. Long isn't a
problem.

|I am having no problems with windows pro itself. I just
| really need to downgrade to home, the reason is really
| really long but it's legit. I was wondering how you would
| go about reformatting windows. Thank you again for all
| your help!!
|
| Amy

| >|
| >| You have to reformat and then reinstall XP Home, as XP
| >Home can't be
| >| installed over the top of XP Pro.
| >|
| >| --
| >|
| >| Will Denny
| >| MVP - Windows Shell/User
| >| Please reply to the News Groups
| >|
| >|
| >| "Amy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
| >message
the
| >|
| >|

| >.

Greetings --

Your reason for downgrading really doesn't make much sense,
but....

The only way to change from WinXP Pro to WinXP Home is to
format the drive and start over. There is no supported downgrade path
or technique.

Simply boot from the WinXP Home installation CD. You'll be
offered the opportunity to delete, create, and format partitions as
part of the installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the
order of boot devices in the PC's BIOS to boot from the CD.)

HOW TO Install Windows XP

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"Amy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi I need to downgrade from windows professional to
> windows home, can you help me? This is very urgent,
> because until i can do this, I am unable to access the
> school's internet server. Thank you!!!

You shouldn't have problems with Pro. It can connect to whatevr you need.
Have you checked adress ? Firewall on or off ?
There should be no reason to downgrade. Try to give more precision about
this connexion you are trying to establish, so we can perhaps help !

"Amy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> Hi I need to downgrade from windows professional to
> windows home, can you help me? This is very urgent,
> because until i can do this, I am unable to access the
> school's internet server. Thank you!!!

XP Pro offers more connectivity than Home (domain or workgroup on Pro versus
workgroup only on Home). Why would you want to downgrade to a version that
offers LESS connection options than what you have???

Have you done any research?

What you are proposing is ludicrous. Simply post the problem you are having
and I am sure you'll get help.

Bobby

"Pivert" <pivert@be.me> wrote in message
> You shouldn't have problems with Pro. It can connect to whatevr you need.
> Have you checked adress ? Firewall on or off ?
> There should be no reason to downgrade. Try to give more precision about
> this connexion you are trying to establish, so we can perhaps help !
>
> "Amy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
>> Hi I need to downgrade from windows professional to
>> windows home, can you help me? This is very urgent,
>> because until i can do this, I am unable to access the
>> school's internet server. Thank you!!!

dl

I doubt very much whether there is a legit reason, probably more a
bureaucratic one!

"Amy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having no problems with windows pro itself. I just
> really need to downgrade to home, the reason is really
> really long but it's legit. I was wondering how you would
> go about reformatting windows. Thank you again for all
> your help!!
>
> Amy

Let me take a stab. XP Pro is pirated. User wants to put Home on to be
legal. Reader's Digest version ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

Jim Macklin wrote:
> Please explain the reason because it seems to be completely
> phony and we can explain it better if we know. Long isn't a
> problem.

At least give credit for switching from a pirated copy to a legit copy
if that is the case. My college implemented the same method using
HFNetChk to find unpatched computers and block them. If they found
pirated copies, they made the students buy the version they were
pirating! :)

----
Nathan McNulty

the dude wrote:
> legitimate as in a real reason or legitimate as in i have a legitimate copy
> of win xp pro? seriously doubting the second one, nothing personal but any
> request like this usually has to do with the vl version of win xp pro and an
> invalid vl key that's been blacklisted so no service packs which are required
> by your school probably.
>
> if you're downgrading from pro to home you need to format the pro install's
> drive and reinstall fresh or if you have a second partition that has enough
> free space install on that and dual boot to get all your data migrated and
> then format the pro partition
>
> "Amy" wrote:
>

>>Hi I need to downgrade from windows professional to
>>windows home, can you help me? This is very urgent,
>>because until i can do this, I am unable to access the
>>school's internet server. Thank you!!!

Amy says "Arrrrrrrrrrg!!"

http://www.nickjr.com/kids/video/video_pop_backyardigans.jhtml?vidKeyName=backyardigans_pirate&vidFileName=backyardigans_pirate

r.

"Nathan McNulty" wrote:

> Let me take a stab. XP Pro is pirated. User wants to put Home on to be
> legal. Reader's Digest version ;)
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>

> Jim Macklin wrote:
> > Please explain the reason because it seems to be completely
> > phony and we can explain it better if we know. Long isn't a
> > problem.

I'm not even going to ask how you found that.

All I have to say is that rocks :)

----
Nathan McNulty

namniar wrote:
> Amy says "Arrrrrrrrrrg!!"
>
> http://www.nickjr.com/kids/video/video_pop_backyardigans.jhtml?vidKeyName=backyardigans_pirate&vidFileName=backyardigans_pirate
>
> r.
>

> "Nathan McNulty" wrote:
>

>>Let me take a stab. XP Pro is pirated. User wants to put Home on to be
>>legal. Reader's Digest version ;)
>>
>>----
>>Nathan McNulty
>>

>>Jim Macklin wrote:
>>
>>>Please explain the reason because it seems to be completely
>>>phony and we can explain it better if we know. Long isn't a
>>>problem.

My 4 year old :)