gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hey,

is there anyway of telling how many sheets of paper you have actually
printed over time? is there a registry setting that stores this information?

Canon i965

Thanks,

Gary

The number of copies - of various paper types and the total - is stored in
the printer EPROM. I have the information on how to extract this for a Canon
S520 and my i850 is very similar (just a few more registers, but the same
code for paper). If you reset the printer EPROM (something that you can do
with the correct sequence of Power and Resume button pushes) it resets the
paper counter and waste ink tank (pad) levels to zero.

There might be some way to get this information from the printer with the
right Esc sequence commands, but I don't know what those would be.

"Gary" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
> Hey,
>
> is there anyway of telling how many sheets of paper you have actually
> printed over time? is there a registry setting that stores this
information?

> Canon i965
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary