printer problem

I have recently installed SP2 for my xp home edition.
After installation my printer stop working. Is there any
patch from microsoft to fix this? The message is "unable
to communicate with the device". I have tried to
configure the firewall setting but it hasn't solve the
problem. My printer was functional prior to SP2
installation but I don't want to uninstall the update as
it takes time to download. I would be very greatful if
someone could help me. Thanks

What make and model printer? What connection, network, USB
or parallel?

"joecell" <joe_cuaresma@hotmail.com> wrote in message
|I have recently installed SP2 for my xp home edition.
| After installation my printer stop working. Is there any
| patch from microsoft to fix this? The message is "unable
| to communicate with the device". I have tried to
| configure the firewall setting but it hasn't solve the
| problem. My printer was functional prior to SP2
| installation but I don't want to uninstall the update as
| it takes time to download. I would be very greatful if
| someone could help me. Thanks

mo

Hi Jim - I am having the same printer problems as "joecell" since I download
SP2 days ago. My printer is a CANON MultiPASS F60 that came loaded with my
DELL Demision 8250. My operating system is Windows XP - Home Edition. HELP!

Mo

"Jim Macklin" wrote:

> What make and model printer? What connection, network, USB
> or parallel?

> "joecell" <joe_cuaresma@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> |I have recently installed SP2 for my xp home edition.
> | After installation my printer stop working. Is there any
> | patch from microsoft to fix this? The message is "unable
> | to communicate with the device". I have tried to
> | configure the firewall setting but it hasn't solve the
> | problem. My printer was functional prior to SP2
> | installation but I don't want to uninstall the update as
> | it takes time to download. I would be very greatful if
> | someone could help me. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS