K8V Delux 1 beep no post

I have started having troubles on boot up it gives 1 beep and that it.
Can anyone tell me what that means. My video card is a ATI 9600 have
the latest cat drivers installed as after I installed a new microsoft
keyboad and the latest drviers I started getting a VPU recovery now
and again. Down loaded the latest version of drivers from MS for that
and installed them also.

Paul

Splendid

In article <rd0v81po4k31pmg2qpuqlmo31h321snrpc@4ax.com>, David Wells
<nospan@nospam.com> wrote:

> I have started having troubles on boot up it gives 1 beep and that it.
> Can anyone tell me what that means. My video card is a ATI 9600 have
> the latest cat drivers installed as after I installed a new microsoft
> keyboad and the latest drviers I started getting a VPU recovery now
> and again. Down loaded the latest version of drivers from MS for that
> and installed them also.

Does that motherboard have "Vocal POST" ? Plug in amplified
speakers into the Lineout connector on the back of the computer,
and listen for a message. Compare the message to the list in the
manual, as it is hard to make out what the message says.

If you can get back into the BIOS, go to the Power Monitor page
and check the voltages fed to the board. The PSU has the
highest probabiity of failure, so check it out first.

Paul

Have a Creative labs sound card but any way when it does not post
can't do anything
Using PC Probe which I have had all along it reports the following

+12 Volts 11.456
+5 Volts 5.107
+3 Volts 3.296
V core 1.502

It has A AMD 3200+ chip running at 2000 MHZ

The above voltages do not have seem to changed much I alway did wonder
re the !2 Volts if that was low or just PC probe.

Thank You for the Answer.

On Sat, 21 May 2005 15:52:14 -0400, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

>In article <rd0v81po4k31pmg2qpuqlmo31h321snrpc@4ax.com>, David Wells
><nospan@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> I have started having troubles on boot up it gives 1 beep and that it.
>> Can anyone tell me what that means. My video card is a ATI 9600 have
>> the latest cat drivers installed as after I installed a new microsoft
>> keyboad and the latest drviers I started getting a VPU recovery now
>> and again. Down loaded the latest version of drivers from MS for that
>> and installed them also.
>
>Does that motherboard have "Vocal POST" ? Plug in amplified
>speakers into the Lineout connector on the back of the computer,
>and listen for a message. Compare the message to the list in the
>manual, as it is hard to make out what the message says.
>
>If you can get back into the BIOS, go to the Power Monitor page
>and check the voltages fed to the board. The PSU has the
>highest probabiity of failure, so check it out first.
>
> Paul

Paul

Splendid

In article <4hav81dff4ajc5bi834j5d0hg3820ok79h@4ax.com>, David Wells
<nospan@nospam.com> wrote:

> Have a Creative labs sound card but any way when it does not post
> can't do anything
> Using PC Probe which I have had all along it reports the following
>

> +12 Volts 11.456
> +5 Volts 5.107
> +3 Volts 3.296
> V core 1.502
>
> It has A AMD 3200+ chip running at 2000 MHZ
>
> The above voltages do not have seem to changed much I alway did wonder
> re the !2 Volts if that was low or just PC probe.
>
> Thank You for the Answer.

The Vocal POST feature is permanently wired to the Lineout connector
on the motherboard. It does not matter whether you have a separate
sound card or not - the error messages will still come out of
the motherboard Lineout connector.

Your +12V is getting close to the 5% regulation specified for an
ATX supply. I'm willing to be it would be out of spec if you
were to run the Prime95 torture test (mersenne.org). While I would
not panic yet, keep an eye on the supply. You can use Asus Probe to
monitor voltages while in Windows.

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/selectftp.aspx?l1_id=1&l2_id=21&l3_id=5&m_id=1&f_name=Probe22306.zip~zaqwedc

Paul

On Sat, 21 May 2005 18:24:47 -0400, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

>In article <4hav81dff4ajc5bi834j5d0hg3820ok79h@4ax.com>, David Wells
><nospan@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> Have a Creative labs sound card but any way when it does not post
>> can't do anything
>> Using PC Probe which I have had all along it reports the following
>>

>> +12 Volts 11.456
>> +5 Volts 5.107
>> +3 Volts 3.296
>> V core 1.502
>>
>> It has A AMD 3200+ chip running at 2000 MHZ
>>
>> The above voltages do not have seem to changed much I alway did wonder
>> re the !2 Volts if that was low or just PC probe.
>>
>> Thank You for the Answer.
>
>The Vocal POST feature is permanently wired to the Lineout connector
>on the motherboard. It does not matter whether you have a separate
>sound card or not - the error messages will still come out of
>the motherboard Lineout connector.
>
>Your +12V is getting close to the 5% regulation specified for an
>ATX supply. I'm willing to be it would be out of spec if you
>were to run the Prime95 torture test (mersenne.org). While I would
>not panic yet, keep an eye on the supply. You can use Asus Probe to
>monitor voltages while in Windows.

Thank you very much for the info will keep and eye on it. Since I
reset the ATI 9600 card in the APG slot so far so good. I had to pull
the computer out to get at the old keyboard plug so the cable to the
monitor may have got pulled too . Will keep and eye on it and if have
any more problems will look at getting the power supply replaced with
a 500 watt one or so. And then may even spring for a ATI 9800 card.

Thanks again

David